Stock White paint code for 96B4V?

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Looked for the stock paint code on my wagon today and came up with nothing when I drove to the paint shop and looked under the rear carpet and in the spare tire well.

So I need some help please. What is the stock white color for the 96 Passat?

On line I find references to a 96 VW color called Arctic White, but not a direct reference to a 96 Passat.

For the 97 Passat I find references to Candy White.

So which is the correct color for my 96? Each color has a different formula, so they are not the same color (meaning Arctic White vs Candy White)

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
John, if you call the dealer and give them your VIN number, they should be able to tell you what the color code was from the factory.

When I worked for the dealer I used to be able to retrieve all the PR codes for a particular VIN when I used the repair program ELSA. Pretty easy to do.

Or, if you don't want to deal with them, you could likely retrieve them yourself for a cost. $35 gets you a day's access to erwin.vw.com where you can not only pluging your VIN and retrieve PR codes and technical bulletins along with all of the repair information you would find in a Bentley manual (for a fraction of the cost).

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Bob S. - "Think" it is supposed to be under the rear cargo area carpet or in the spare tire well.

Matt - will check with dealer on Monday. There is one right near work. We will see how willing they are to help.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
The only white for B4 from 1995-7 was candy white, paint code LB9A. Artic white was never a a color although Alpine White was used for a lot of VW cars (B3 as well) for a number of years.

Steve

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Checked with the local VW dealer today (Thanks, Matt) for the correct paint code:

LB9A "Candy White" Just like Steve said. Thank You Steve.

After a bit more research, I found the same Candy White, code LB9A used by VW thru the 2015 model year.