Stereo head units

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Depending on your year, canbus or not. The Bluetooth on mine is failing on my 12. Keeps reconnecting.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Mk4: Look at the Android-based head units. Around $100 gets you double-din screen, any app from Google Play Store (read: Google Maps, Waze, Torque Pro, etc.), backup camera, bluetooth streaming and more.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
For mk4 and trying to stay as close as OEM as possible, I did RCN210 for a little over $100. But my car has a quad connector and steering wheel controls, so I had to spend some other $40 or so for the Canbus emulator/quad connector.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I'm still rocking the same units my cars left the factory with aside from a couple of my cars that had non-OEM stuff put in them before I got them. And I hate those. The aftermarket stuff may have more "features", but they are often too cumbersome for my liking. Screens too bright, buttons too small, or not having a simple ON/OFF switch or button (seriously, why????).

But I admit, I am not a big audiophile and I don't play with my phone while I drive.

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
My monsoon amp recently lost audio and yesterday I received my repaired amp and popped it in. This isn’t a bang and olufsen system (very nice) but it beats the stereo shop after market system that I found to replace the stock system with that cost $1200+. I’m also not an audiophile but I can say the stock system sounds good and it looks good.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I have a Monsoon-ed Jetta and one single DIN. I'd like an easy CD player for the single DIN. What is quite a bit more likely is upgrading the speakers. W/O going to upgrade the power output, efficiency is King. The two contenders for replacing the woofers are JL C1-650, and Hertz DSK 165.3.
cheers,
Douglas