Steering wheel buttons

forcedfedbug

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta, Totalled late 11. 2012 Passat TDI w/DSG and a 2012 Golf TDI. Golf traded for a 2013 beetle
I just had my "next button" on my steering wheel not come back up. It still works but you have to press really hard and it stays in the "down" position. Has anyone had this type of thing happen to their steering wheel buttons? I have the dealer look at it today after work but since it only has 20,000 miles on it not sure why it would fail so quickly.(i have hit the button maybe 2k-4k times as I have 2k songs on my iphone and really only listen to 2-3 hundred unless other people are in the car and what to listen to "the new" stuff(music from the 2k and higher) I mostly only listen to 80's and beginning of the 90's.
Aslo hitting the back button did not "pop" up the next button but you can really feel what the button should feel like it you hit them both back to back.

Ron

forcedfedbug

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta, Totalled late 11. 2012 Passat TDI w/DSG and a 2012 Golf TDI. Golf traded for a 2013 beetle
Well Just yesterday I felt a click in the button and it now works just fine again.

Ron

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
I'm glad that it's working, but why wasn't the dealer going to fix it? Is it still under warranty?...Mark

forcedfedbug

Veteran Member
TDI
They said they would call when the part came in. Just waiting to see if they ever really call me back.

Ron

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
They said they would call when the part came in. Just waiting to see if they ever really call me back.

Ron
I had the window mechanism go bad on mine, so when they replaced it, they broke a plastic piece on the door panel. I took it back when I noticed it and they said that it would be 6 to 8 weeks because they had to take one off the assembly line. I went home and immediately regreted not getting anything in writing. I then emailed the service rep and asked him to email a confirmation to me, which he did. I felt much better having some documentation of the problem. About 7 weeks later the door panel came in and they replaced it...Mark