State Farm Insurance??

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Greetings - I'm in the process of reviewing my insurance coverage. Anyone with any good or bad things to say about State Farm? In the bunch I have looked at so far they appear to be the best price/performance leader.

Diesel Dan

I have nothing but good things to say about my State Farm agent (Barry White) up here in Ottawa..

I have been insured with him for the past 5 or 6 years and have gotten great rates through him.. in fact, when I bought my fiancee's engagement ring last year, I asked him if I could get supplemental coverage for it and he said yes, as long as I get home insurance through him when I move out; so he added on a personal articles coverage onto my car insurance.

When I switched to State Farm before, I had shopped around and found that they gave the best rates.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
We have two cars and our house with them. We chose them mainly because we found a great agent. She looks out for us and has gotten us several discounts that we would have missed out on otherwise.

Lots of people seem to have issues w/SF for some reason or another, but insurance is such a personal issue that I think it really depends on yourself and the agent you find.

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
I've used State Farm for about 18yrs, and so far I'm pleased with their rates, coverage and service. I have both my cars and house insured with them.

Last year I had the windshield on the Jetta replaced...no questions asked. I recently had a rock the size of a golf ball destroy the current windshield. I called my agent, and within 10 minutes he faxed me the claim form authorizing the replacement.

OTOH, for every good experience, I'm sure there'll be someone who's not happy...regardless of Insurance Company.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Many thanks for the replys. It sounds as if they are at the very least on par with most other companies and based on our small "poll", likely above average to deal with. Loks as if I can send some business their way...
Thanks again to all.

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
In Washington state, State Farm was about 20% higher than Allstate which was higher than some other lesser known companies.

I went with Allstate for a while. Now I'm with National Merit which is based in the Seattle area.

I've never had to file a claim with an auto insurance company so I can't comment on how they are to deal with when the money starts flowing the other direction. They are all happy to take it from me.