Standheizung Supplement Install Instructions

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
The other end of it goes to the signal wire that turns on the blower power relay that is included in the webasto harness.

Does that make sense?
David,

thanks. I'm looking at the PDF you sent to me and I see T16a/1 connects to 86 of relay JS9. I presume this is the "trigger" wire you are referring.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jim,

There was a thread about cleaning the carbon from the inside and how the lack of "air" space kept the heater from firing. Maybe a good cleaning is all that's needed? Maybe cleaning the glow plug would do the trick?

Good news is you can remove the front without taking the unit out. It appears that you don't have to pinch the coolant hoses? The front half is the glow plug, fuel supply and where the heat is generated.

The back half is where the coolant gets heated. So you should be able to remove the front without losing any coolant.

Can you keep us updated and post any pics if you take them?

Last edited:

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Jim,
There was a thread about cleaning the carbon from the inside and how the lack of "air" space kept the heater from firing. Maybe a good cleaning is all that's needed? Maybe cleaning the glow plug would do the trick?
Good news is you can remove the front without taking the unit out. It appears that you don't have to pinch the coolant hoses? The front half is the glow plug, fuel supply and where the heat is generated.
The back half is where the coolant gets heated. So you should be able to remove the front without losing any coolant.
Can you keep us updated and post any pics if you take them?
Lito,
Sure, it will be at least 2 weeks before I can get to it. I will take pictures along the way if I can get my camera to work. Hmmm, might just have to 'borrow' the wifes camera. How easy was it to separate the top from the gasket? How important is that gasket in case it gets ripped a little?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lito,
Sure, it will be at least 2 weeks before I can get to it. I will take pictures along the way if I can get my camera to work. Hmmm, might just have to 'borrow' the wifes camera. How easy was it to separate the top from the gasket? How important is that gasket in case it gets ripped a little?
Jim,

That was a bad unit which I no longer have and those pictures were taken many moons ago.

I can't remember, sorry.

klausu25

TDI
Passat AFN
When the heater is turned on and the car is off the control panel will be on and will show "HE" in place of the outside temperate. Saddly thats all it does. It doesnt automatically set the unit to defrost or up the temp or anything like that. I just keeps the settings it had when the car was shut off.

Hi,
I have an old Passat 1.9 AFN with climatronic unit. No metter i set the unit before shutting down the engine, when heater start, the control panel of the climatronic show HE 22 Auto. Its about my old VDO climatronic control unit, or what?

I know its an old topic, but mabe someone read and know about.

Thanks