Standalone VNT controller for all diesels

raidaru

TDI
Hi, I searched on this forum and found no thread about this, so I'm starting one. A standalone controller for any engine that uses a VNT turbocharger, vacuum actuated with N75 or with the newer hella PWM/CAN BUS controller.I'm not sure how to put this, but should be sth like this: default map for the controller to be a map working with TPS/RPM , if TPS > RPM (at least 6% more, to avoid vanes movment when cruising) then vanes should be closed up to a boost limit, else TPS<=RPM , vanes open down to a set up EMP value for good fuel economy while cruising,and quick enough response when accelerating.And of course an EGT failsafe input that overwrites the rest and open vanes if too high. I'm not a programmer, I just came up with the idea ,what do u think guys?

Last edited:

cidades

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4 >> AHF(81kW)
Bosch EDC can do those, why try to reinvent the wheel?

Boost on those ECUs is controlled in a closed loop, vanes position varies with RPM, EGT, Intake temperature, injected quantity,...

Last edited:

raidaru

TDI
Bosch EDC can do those, why try to reinvent the wheel?

Boost on those ECUs is controlled in a closed loop, vanes position varies with RPM, EGT, Intake temperature, injected quantity,...
Because there are other cars like old mercedes that can't do that

I already read that, it's kinda messy and lacks some features, and I'm more interested in finding sth plug,adjust&play, rather than doing it from scrap. Don't blame me cause I'm too lazy to build one myself :D

Last edited: