Stalling

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Hi! has anyone got a dtc 00513 - crank sensor implausible signal intermittent? I got this code accompanied by a stall once in a blue moon. Now...30 time in one day. It seems to be related to yaw, and or turns. In a sweeping turn, a corner, or starting from a stop, especially on a grade or hill, it stalls. It will restart, but it may stall again immediately. I have checked nothing as yet, because I was busy yesterday, but tonight I must ferret this out.

Any suggestions?

GregK

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, wagon, white
Greetings!

A couple of years ago I was getting an intermittent stall, esp. at idle, or under light throttle at highway speeds would experience a "miss". I don't recall whether the code was the same but the diagnosis of "crank/speed sensor" was the same. It was determined that the speed sensor was "dead" causing the ECM to use a "backup" program. At least on the B4, the sensor is a B&TCH to change due to a bracket at the front of the engine.

You might want to disconnect the connector and spray out both sides with contact cleaner; a year after the sensor was changed it started throwing codes. I cleaned it out and it has been fine since (knocks on wood)...

Hope this helps...

Greg