Stainless steel clutch lines?

Ben Dur

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW golf tdi
anyone running these? or anything similar?

does anyone have any opinions on this, whether their is any advantage or whether there would be much noticeable "improvement" in pedal feel (not that the pedal is so bad to begin)

or if there are any better sources/sources that support TDIclub!!!

http://uspmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_357_39_43_255&products_id=465

for those who dont click, it is basically a braided stainless steel brake line, that replaces the flexible section of hydraulic line to the slave cylinder.

PS i searched here, on the vortex, and on google and found very little... actually nothing here, and maybe 2-3 very very short threads on the vortex

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
You could just use a braided brake flexi though I would've thought but really I think it's more of a style thing, same as coilovers, spoilers, fancy grills etc. I'd consider that sort of thing if I thought it'd make my engine bay look any better but I think it would just make everything else in there look worse lol:D

Last edited:

Ben Dur

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW golf tdi
well i ask because my transmission is coming out. while its out its going to be thoroughly cleaned and painted. then when it goes in a nice new grabby clutch and flywheel will be waiting for it. and within the next week or so alot of other nice new parts aswell...
should look pretty nice once its all done, and for under $100, if this helps id love to add it in

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
'Tis a nice look, to have braided SS lines, to be sure. For something like a clutch line where the pressures the line needs to withstand are low, there would be no performance advantage. In this case, if you want to do it and have a suitable supplier, why not?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I bought a USP line. I bought it because mine stock line is 20 years old. I bought during a sale posted on the vortex for roughly $55 shipped.

Ben Dur

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW golf tdi
well i have noticed that when the clutch is pressed by my assistant inside the car, the line flexes or moves considerably. there is a video on youtube of this aswell...

let me dig it up

Ben Dur

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW golf tdi
I bought a USP line. I bought it because mine stock line is 20 years old. I bought during a sale posted on the vortex for roughly $55 shipped.

any benefit? or just a fairly cheap replacement that looks good?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
any benefit? or just a fairly cheap replacement that looks good?
I didn't buy it for the looks. I bought it to replace a 20 year old rubber hose. The benefit is not being stranded someday because of a leaking 20+ year old rubber hose.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
I just used one on a 02M swap into a B4V passat. I think I paid $65 or so for the custom line from USP. Couldn't be happier! It fit like a glove and made the custom line issue non existent. I'm going to start using their braided lines for all my mk4 6 speed swaps. $65 sure beats $125 for the OEM 6 speed line.

hpc

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 NB TDI, 2013 GLK 250 BlueTec
I just used one on a 02M swap into a B4V passat. I think I paid $65 or so for the custom line from USP. Couldn't be happier! It fit like a glove and made the custom line issue non existent. I'm going to start using their braided lines for all my mk4 6 speed swaps. $65 sure beats $125 for the OEM 6 speed line.

Can I get you to do one next time I can by - on the NB?

LDM