Stafford Virginia, anyone need a4/a5/b4 TDI work? Broken Glow Plug Removal too.

Matt15237

TDI
2004 GLS TDI
Tom did a diesel purge on my '04 Jetta PD today. He's got an impressive collection of tools, parts, and know-how, plus the patience to explain things to someone who is less mechanically inclined like myself. He even gave me pointers on how to better maintain the car and minimize potential problems in the future.

And he did this all for a few dollars and a black coffee!

I will definitely return to Tom for future work. Highly recommended.

Thanks Tom

JMU_John

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
I recently took my TDI to Tom Earl to have some work done to it. I was very happy to receive HONEST advice from him. Hes exceptionally knowledgeable and an incredibly nice person. I would highly recommend him to all!! Thanks for the help Tom!

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
JMU_John said:
I recently took my TDI to Tom Earl to have some work done to it. I was very happy to receive HONEST advice from him. Hes exceptionally knowledgeable and an incredibly nice person. I would highly recommend him to all!! Thanks for the help Tom!
__. Yupp, and bump! (Sorry if that's not understandable in Yankee talk).

Calico Red

Perpetual Newbie
TDI
Passat 1996 Blue (sold 2/25/2012), Jetta 2005 Blue
Congrats Tom!

Turbo, you have a great new home!

Turbo looks like a ferociously sweet pup. Filling Regal's paws is a mighty big task for such a little guy, but he wouldn't have chosen you, and you wouldn't have chosen him, if he weren't up to it!

BTW, the car is still going strong.

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
Turbo is now about 13 weeks old and is just about able to fetch whatever he can reach in the tool boxes.

He is also very intent on getting his QA certification quickly. He is not afraid to get down and dirty as he watches each detail by getting up close and personal. (That is Eric (PeaceofSoul) in the picture getting some OJT supervised by Turbo).

Here, Turbo is ensuring Eric's recent bride Alison is part of the action.

Last edited:

diesel#2

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen, 2004.5 Passat Variant (sold), 2000 Golf (still in family), 1998 jetta (RIP)
And now servicing.. B5.5...

I took my 04 Variant to Tom last week to for a variety of issues (CV joints, glow plug, brake flush).. I'll be back.

Zocco said it best "He not only does a bang up job on your car, but he's a patient teacher as well, taking time to explain things in a way you can understand... " I really appreciated the time Tom took to explain things.

And.. it was good meeting Turbo

thanks, Chad

Sappington

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Chevy Volt now -- sold '03 Jetta Wagon :-(
Turbo is a great dog! As soon as he sees you lie down to get under a car, he'll run over to curl up on your stomach. :D

Thanks to Tom for diagnosing a bad auxillary fan on my Jetta and showing me how to replace it! Now I gotta get my Beetle down there for an intake cleaning....

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
I'm back in Virginia again and if I haven't responded to an im or phone call or email or smoke signals, I might have lost the scrap of paper that I copied your info on while driving or in the motel or wherever. Please email me again with your requests. Thanks.

dpope

TDI
06 Jetta 329K and counting!
ninedee_golf_tdi said:
I'm back in Virginia again and if I haven't responded to an im or phone call or email or smoke signals, I might have lost the scrap of paper that I copied your info on while driving or in the motel or wherever. Please email me again with your requests. Thanks.
Tom,
I sent you a PM to set up a time to swing by with my 06 TDI Jetta.
Thanks,
Dan

O0_Ia

TDI
DESTROYED
So has Tom returned from his trip yet. I trying to schedule some suspension work.

DeanOusterhout

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, sold the 2000 golf and jetta
Bump for Tom... :) He fixed my timing belt, drive axles, radiator... as always... great work. Call Tom if you are anywhere near northern VA.

dpope

TDI
06 Jetta 329K and counting!
Big Bump for Tom. He replaced my timing belt and water pump on my '06 Jetta TDI the other day. Great work! Great price! Very glad I found this site that led me to your fine expertise! Thanks Tom!!!!

thebaz67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A7
Just a quick question, are you set up to help me determine what is causing my oil usage?

I had the glow plug recall done on my 05 Passat at the end of July. I did not notice a change until the end of August but now I am adding oil very regularly. Almost a quart/1000 miles.

Don't see any leaks and there is no loss in power and I also do not notice any smoking.

Thanks

Baz

tp_taylor

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 GOLF GLS TDI
Just got the TB done by Turbo. Tom grabbed a wrench here and there for him.

Thanks again Tom!!!

dogdome

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Sweet to know you're just south of me! I'm gonna need that TB change in about another 20k. I wish I'd known about you sooner - I would have brought it by for the accessory belt - that's in the shop now as we speak - it was cracking bad - I even had the stealership show me just to make sure they weren't trying to make a buck.

Keep truckin'! Nice to know there are folks like you around - I look forward to meeting you someday. =D

akio

TDI
2004 PD Jetta Wagon
Another bump for Tom. 80k check went smooth as silk. If you have a TDI and are in NoVA, you should be taking your ride to Tom. Thanks again!