SS exhaust tip recall

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram
I got the recall letter for my exhaust tip recall yesterday. The letter says they will replace the tips with a different set. Has anyone had this recall performed? Do the new tips look decent?

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
Got my letter yesterday too. Car went in this morning for injector line/damper recall. Mentioned the exhaust tip recall and I think they will do it too.

I'll get pics up later today - if they have the parts to do it.

DavidT

TDI
2011 TDI Jetta
Had mine done with the other recalls. The replacement tips are just shorter looking as far as I can tell.

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram
I stopped by my dealer today and they said the replacement tips are not stainless steel. I said I'll stick with what I have.

DuvalSt

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG
Tail pipes recall

Got my recall notice today for the tail pipes. I'll settle for a military bumper sticker that reads "DANGER: HOT EXHAUST!". Really, have you seen some of those after market exhaust systems for the old Beetles where the entire muffler and tailpipe are behind the body of the car. Even the original tweeter pipes stuck out past the bumper. How about a bumper sticker that reads, "If you burned your leg on my tail pipes you were too close". I bet those that were burnt were texting and walking and weren't watching where they were going.:mad:

Last edited:

pipes p

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta tdi dsg
vw just trying to cover their butts just in case some moron comes to close to your exaust as it can become very hot during regen especially.

RLWSNOOK

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Got a letter for reimbursement for any out of pocket expenses that have come around this recall. Yet no recall notice has been sent to me. And my dealer failed to mention this when I was in for all the other random recalls.

How many freaking recalls\problems are there going to be with this vehicle? :mad:

Can anyone point me in a direction to every single thing that could be wrong with this vehicle so I can have the dealer fix each and everything the next time I take it into be serviced.

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6 speed (Bought Back)
Got my recall notice today for the tail pipes. I'll settle for a miltary bumper sticker that reads "DANGER: HOT EXHAUST!". Really, have you seen some of those after market exhaust systems for the old Beetles where the entire muffler and tailpipe are behind the body of the car. Even the original tweeter pipes stuck out past the bumper. How about a bumper sticker that reads, "If you burned your leg on my tail pipes you were too close". I bet those that were burnt were texting and walking and weren't watching where they were going.:mad:
To bad you couldnt etch that into your pipes so when someone burns themselves the mark reads the message

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
Got a letter for reimbursement for any out of pocket expenses that have come around this recall. Yet no recall notice has been sent to me. And my dealer failed to mention this when I was in for all the other random recalls.

How many freaking recalls\problems are there going to be with this vehicle? :mad:

Can anyone point me in a direction to every single thing that could be wrong with this vehicle so I can have the dealer fix each and everything the next time I take it into be serviced.
My recall notice was in same envelope as the recall notice, it was two sheets. The reimbursement was more like card stock, the notice just plain paper. Perhaps it got missed during stuffing.

I remember about a few months ago someone mentioned the tailpipe recall. When I called the dealer to make appointment for injector dampers on Dec. 1 (for today/dec. 6) they checked for other open campaigns and nothing appeared. Got the letter yesterday, and dealer had part. So, it isn't entirely your dealers fault.

Head over to http://www.vw.com/en/owners/parts-and-accessories/protection/recalls-campaigns.html - might help a bit, call dealer or different dealer and ask, VW customer care and possibly Google and this forum of course.

Pics to come.

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
Pic doesn't do it justice. Tips follow downward line of rear bumper and the curve of the bumper so they are slightly staggered. Actually think it looks pretty good still.

I did like how the others stuck out just a bit - but these do look nice.

According to the recall notice it says they are being replaced by othe stainless tips.