Sportwagen cargo area protection

Talon

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon ALH, 2013 tdi sportwagen
With all the options. I am looking for information from fellow members for a cargo area cover that will do the whole back area with the seats folded down. Trying to avoid buying the wrong one. Thanks, Talon

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
It really depends on what you are looking for, but I have been very pleased with the canvasback cargo liner for my JSW.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
I found TDI G's approach workable - - - but I use a surplus USMC casualty blanket............

ez

Rustydog

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
I second the moving blanket idea. They also can double as covers for the other seats in the car when needed; dog, back seat stuff without dropping the seats, etc.... Plus they fold up flat and can be stowed in the sub-floor storage area in the back.

drshaws

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI 6MT
It really depends on what you are looking for, but I have been very pleased with the canvasback cargo liner for my JSW.
Have this - even with it being not quite perfect (was bought when we had a 2011 Outback) it does a pretty reasonable job. I'd imagine that it would do even better if I bought the JSW specific one.

Wife also likes the flower pattern now present in the cargo area.

stoner-tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta sportwagen
I just use moving blankets.
this is what I do..

I have two.. one under the floor cover (dead space between spare?) and I leave one half folded in the trunk.. half fold covers the rear floor completely and when the seats go down unfold the other part..

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
I've got a Golf... but I've been using an ice fishing sled. fits just right... but i don't think they'd make one long like you'd need it for the JSW.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Heh...... I loaded an 1980 ford 302 block with pistons and crank in it. Also put 289 hi-po heads on the sides. Drove it from Arkansas to Florida, no issues. just use plastic cover and you are set.

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
I bought a tarp somewhere that covers the cargo floor with the seats down, plus up the sides to the bottom of the windows and up the back of the front seats. It takes a bit of string to hold it in that configuration, but it does protect the carpet, seat backs, and side upholstery.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
I just use moving blankets.
X2 With moving blankets:
Dirt, saw dust, fecal matter, vomit or blood either stick to the moving blankets or get absorbed.
Unlike plastic tarps which if you open a window it gets blown around or drips off the tarps

JettaTDISportwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 SportWagon 6spd Manual TDI ( Gone to the great yard in the sky) 2000 Jetta 5spd TDI 264k Miles and counting 2015 Passat TDI SE DSG Stock for- now...