Speed dependent volume setting keeps resetting

shutterfly

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I am suspecting there is a bug in my JSW radio software.
Every time after I set the speed dependent volume setting, it will reset to zero after a while.
do you have the same problem as well?

goodthymes

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
Mine does the same. You might want to resetting it and not fudge with the volume button, from the couple times I tested it I get the impression that once you use the volume button too much, it reset itself. On paper this feature sounds nice, but after awhile I realized it's really simpler just to adjust the volume as needed by hand.

eggspoogas

TDI
2010 Jetta
Man I was just about to write a post about this. Exact same thing. Very weird and confusing. Wish I knew of a fix. It honestly makes no sense why it would reset. Maybe a coding issue?

herbert68

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan. Both bought back by VW on 12/06/2016
I don't have this problem on my RCD-510. I suspect it's a software issue and can only be fixed with an update. The same goes for the 1-2 seconds skipped at every song at the beginning mentioned in another thread.

eggspoogas

TDI
2010 Jetta
So are you saying that if I told the dealer about this issue they would update the software? And then I guess cross my fingers.

S_Sanders

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Coupe and 2012 JSW
Have any of you also noticed that sound quality seems to suffer when the speed dependent volume adjustment is enabled?

I've about decided that the button under my left thumb is the best speed dependent volume adjustment.

This car is so much quieter than my last car ('07 Honda Fit), it hasn't really bothered me that much.

gjslutz

TDI
2010 JSW
I have had speed dependant volume in almost all of my late purchased cars and enjoyed it. They also had much better sound systems. I will look into the S/W update at the first service.
2010 JSW

tvmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
gjslutz said:
I have had speed dependant volume in almost all of my late purchased cars and enjoyed it. They also had much better sound systems. I will look into the S/W update at the first service.
2010 JSW
did any of you ever get this sorted out, cause' my new JSW seems to be suffering from all the same problems (June 2010)

sportriderseattle

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr, 6-speed manual, sunroof, CWP, Votex kit, roof spoiler, 35 tint
RCD-510: Yes and mine is sporadic but probably ever few days it resets, but on occasion it can be a few times in one day. I read in another forum post that it might be an interference with the BlueTooth. Who knows!