Spec flywheel

Withkids

TDI
Non yet
Has anyone tried a Spec sa01s flywheel? Can't find much information on it, except that it weighs 16 lbs. Which I know is a little light. I can get one cheap but wondering what size clutch it takes and if I can use my original starter. 05 Passat tdi if wondering.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Never seen any info on it. Does it fit a 1.8t b5 or b5.5 passat? Its a little light for a diesel

Withkids

TDI
Non yet
What I found was 1.8t audi and passat. I know it's a little light. The seller claims it will take a 240 mm clutch. Only reason I'm interested in it.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Will need a starter spacer to work most likely.

Thus far my valeo 228 mm set up with the south bend upgrade is doing well.

Zero difference between the feel of the 20 lbs valeo and 30lbs Whitbread flyweel.

The Whitbread flyweel is 240mm and requires no spacer. If i could have gotten any other clutch manufacturer other than clutch masters to fit it id have stuck with the Whitbread. Matt is a great guy. Clutch masters however, their customer service sucks and that over priced fx300 is a pos.

Last edited:

Withkids

TDI
Non yet
I have read your post about your clutch setup. Looks like the way to go. The flywheel was $75 and needed no spacer supposedly.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Spec flywheels used to be made by Findanza, don't know if they still are. I've seen plenty of cracked ones on gas engines and would not even consider one for a TDI.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Withkids, if you are working on a b5.5, I have lots stuff for them no flywheel though. I'm only 5 miles away so feel free to pm me.