Speaker problem?

marc77777

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf GTI black/black
I picked up my Jetta a few days ago and there seems to be an issue with one of the front left speakers. It's sounds as if one of the speakers is ripped and it gives off a vibration, seems to happen more when people are talking rather than music. I tried playing with all the settings but it still does it, anyone else have a similar issue? Problem is worse the louder I turn it up but I need to turn it up to overcome the wind noise issue.

palmseed

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I have the same problem. I think it could be for a couple of reasons. First reason may have to do with the song/artist alerts for the satellite radio. I like to get the alerts, but the sound it makes is way too loud and is louder or quieter depending on your volume. It's like the old "next bus stop" cord on a bus. Way too loud, might cause damage to your speakers. Second is that it is a pretty lousy system. I find that you have to put the volume up on some talk stations than music stations.

sydneycb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Don't know what kind of stereo you guys have but in my 2011 TDI Highline without nav, the stereo is one of the things I like most about the car....right up there with the torque and the DSG tranny!