Spare CR engine and DSG anyone?

barshnik

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE w/roof, nav
VERY interesting... A buyback, lemon-lawed, or the one that fell off the delivery truck?

John F
LV, NV

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
What no ECM for engin or trans?:eek:

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
MonsterTDI09 said:
What no ECM for engin or trans?:eek:

Read it again?

Air Cleaner, Alternator, Compressor, Engine Computer, Exhaust Manifold, Intake Manifold, Oil Pan, Starter, Steering Pump, Transmission Computer, Wiring Harness - Engine Only
Bill

Last edited:

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
This probably came from a test vehicle. I've seen parts like this for sale before from vehicles that VW uses for testing purposes and then sells off the parts and the car ends up in the crusher.

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6 manual Gone! V6 Mustang now.
Be nice for a boat, if you could get the ecm to co-operate.
I can't picture a buyer for it at that price. Every potential buyer still is under warranty. And I can not conceive anyone wanting to stuff this in an older car.
The ecm I think would go bonkers without the dpf etc. You would have to be one talented hack to get it to work.

hid3

Banned
TDI
Golf V 1.9 TDI-PD 105 HP
maloosheck said:
No exhaust? No speedo? For $7,500?
Why might you need exhaust? Let's say you're upgrading your Mk1 or Mk2 with this 2.0 CR engine I guess you'll make your custom/own exhaust system. Besides, DPF sucks and required special oil for that. I guess it would be easier to maintain it w/o the 'stock exhaust' :) Of course you'd need to reprogram the ECU....

Indeed, $7500 for remanufactured engine/tranny might be a little high. On the other side, it's brand new!

DoctorDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta Loyal Edition
I can't get my head around that turbo having only 7 miles on it. Those musta been 7 screamin' miles.

At $2K I'd prolly buy it and store it for parts. But without a history I couldn't even consider dropping it into a car. You know something's deeply wrong with it, you just don't know what.

It would make a heckuva go-cart, though!

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
No way 7 miles way to much shoot.Mabey it idle at demo shows for long time and trash the pdf or see what happen when you run gas? Also way to high in price that what they paid for the whole car. No bids so far.

wild03

Veteran Member
TDI
:(
DoctorDawg said:
I can't get my head around that turbo having only 7 miles on it. Those musta been 7 screamin' miles.

At $2K I'd prolly buy it and store it for parts. But without a history I couldn't even consider dropping it into a car. You know something's deeply wrong with it, you just don't know what.

It would make a heckuva go-cart, though!
I agree, Why would you believe what you read? About the only thing I believe is that it is a 2009 TDI engine, the rest you have to take with a grain of salt.
:rolleyes:

For all I know it really has 7 miles on it, but maybe thousands of hours of idling.

DoctorDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta Loyal Edition
Can anyone confirm whether that really is an '09 turbo? I find myself wondering whether maybe they already sold off the turbo separately, and just bolted on an older turbo to fill the hole....

wild03

Veteran Member
TDI
DoctorDawg said:
Can anyone confirm whether that really is an '09 turbo? I find myself wondering whether maybe they already sold off the turbo separately, and just bolted on an older turbo to fill the hole....
anything is possible, but the turbo looks as rusty as the rest of the exhaust manifold. seems more likely that the engine was more miles that they claim I mean they can claim any arbitrary number at this poin twith the engine out of the car. I would have said 50 miles ;) more believable.

SpeedFreek

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 New Jetta
I bought a motor from them once, I didn't go through ebay but went to the warehouse to pick it up. I went to the office and got my slip and drove into the yard with the only instructions being pick it up at door# ? and bldg# ? (I cant remember specifics.) I pull into the yard and its HUGE with hundreds of halves of cars on racks and eventually find what I now call the engine building. I hand them my slip through the door and they open up the bay door and I back my truck in and get out, my jaw almost hit the floor. There were motors from anything you could think of on racks all the way to the roof and as far as I could see. The guy says just a minute, drives off, and comes back about 30 seconds later with my motor from who knows where. In that time I looked around to see if they had anything cool, which isnt hard in a building Full of motors from anything you can think of made in the last 10 years. I unsucessfully tried to convince the guy that I was supposed to get the 6.0l ls2 motor with the t56 bolted to it but he saw through my trick.:(

I wouldnt be surprised if they had a few more of the new CR TDIs somewhere in their system, people will total anything no matter how new it is.

wild03

Veteran Member
TDI
SpeedFreek said:
people will total anything no matter how new it is.
But to total it 7 miles from the dealer! :) you'll have to be the most unlucky person in the world. :D

The crash would have to be surgical as well, causing 23K worth of damage and leaving the engine intact! I would love to the see video of how this happened!

SpeedFreek

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 New Jetta
wild03 said:
But to total it 7 miles from the dealer! :) you'll have to be the most unlucky person in the world. :D

The crash would have to be surgical as well, causing 23K worth of damage and leaving the engine intact! I would love to the see video of how this happened!
See Dodge Viper, Porsche GT2/3, just about any liter bike, all vehicles that have a tendency to turn into a wreck before the motor is even broken in.

Not exactly a Jetta but these things happen.

hid3

Banned
TDI
Golf V 1.9 TDI-PD 105 HP
Why might you care how much this engine has done? People buy used cars with more than 2xx,xxx miles on them without history and use them for their needs. I doubt this engine is totalled.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Maybe it is out of a TDI cup car... ;) It is possible no? Lots of display time short amount of run time, ect.?

They often get wrecked pretty quickly... lol. Maybe you would even get the 170hp tune still on the ECU. :eek::rolleyes:

In any case it does look to have a "few" more than 7 miles on it. But it could be a very good buy at a couple thousand less. I could see getting it for a bit less $ if it had a 6spd, but I don't know what I would do with it... other than buy that WVO toofed 06 Jetta for $7k and drop it in there...:D

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Guys, cast iron rusts...fact of life. It rusts so fast, especially in a humid climate, that you could put a brand new turbo on a car and over only 5 days in a humid climate it will look like that. Rust says nothing about a turbo's age. And that does not look like much soot at all to me. You can't tell much of anything from that pic.

Last edited:

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
johnboy00 said:
Did anyone try a carfax on the Vin# listed as 3VWRL71K49M071586 ?
I did, it says the vehicle has a junk title. It was never registered as anything but junk. Junk title issued, then off the the automotive recycler three weeks later.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Who cars what the title says. You guys clearly don't know LKQ. Anyone in the repair biz does and they are a quality dismantler and they sell quality parts.

That 7K for an engine and a DSG which you can see attached to it is a smoking deal.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
I agree with Jason about LKQ!

This would be a neat transplant into a Routan....:rolleyes:

Need some money to play with!

Tony

Last edited:

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Pelican18TQA4 said:
This probably came from a test vehicle. I've seen parts like this for sale before from vehicles that VW uses for testing purposes and then sells off the parts and the car ends up in the crusher.
I'd be surprised if it was from a test vehicle. Most test vehicles for foreign made cars in the US are shredded whole, or have a whole bunch more miles on them. Manufactures typically don't like selling test cars in the USA due to liability concerns.

wild03 said:
There are a number of instances I've seen where a brand new vehicle is damaged (not necessarily beyond it's value) and the car ends up getting recycled. It could have fallen off a delivery truck, a pole fell on it, stupid salesmen taking it for a test drive (one of the first Boxster Ss locally met it's demise at 9 miles, a sales person missed a shift downshifting and split the trans in half, broke the engine off it's mounts, and hit a tree ins called it a total loss the list goes on...

Honeydew said:
I did, it says the vehicle has a junk title. It was never registered as anything but junk. Junk title issued, then off the the automotive recycler three weeks later.
It was probably damaged somehow before it got sold. There were a bunch of flood VW's many years ago that has the same carfax history. A huge monsoon flooded about 70 brand new VWs down south and they all got junk titles never having a clear title.

Did your history report show the state?

Last edited: