SOWO 2014 May 16, 17 and 18th, 2014 - AARodriguez and Malone Tuning

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
Convincing the wife is half the battle. I told my wife I was going to sell my car and get a new one and told her if I can get it tuned at SOWO I would hold onto it longer.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Sometimes you have to throw some extremes out there to get what you want. I was starting to get bored with the TDI and a new clutch and an upcoming tune are just what I needed to "rekindle the love".

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Garrett VNT17 turbos with gasket kit for $800 (good for 170WHP)

armrest hinges ($20), latches ($10), maybe some lids, tan armrest console ($40)

I might bring a couple of brand new New beetle door panels :)

Steering knuckles, oil tubes and funnels, I'll have the PK710 Oil Funnels out there at a price too low to mention online

VW keys for 1999.5-2005 cars for $30

any special requests?

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, I'm going to try to blow up my VNT15 before SOWO so I can upgrade my turbo and have you change my tune from stage 3 to stage 4 :D

Do you sell floor mats by chance? I didn't see anything on your site doing a quick search. I am looking to buy some Monster Mats and would prefer to buy local before going to eBay.

tonystdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 700K miles, 2000 Jetta 288,000 miles
Garrett VNT17 turbos with gasket kit for $800 (good for 170WHP)

armrest hinges ($20), latches ($10), maybe some lids, tan armrest console ($40)

I might bring a couple of brand new New beetle door panels :)

Steering knuckles, oil tubes and funnels, I'll have the PK710 Oil Funnels out there at a price too low to mention online

any special requests?
Don't forget to bring some T-shirts!

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium

any special requests?
Sweet. Need another key/fob for my B5.5. Also need 1 (or 2) for my '09 Routan...you carry VW-badged Chryco parts? (Didn't think so.) Not quite ready to pull the trigger on a front suspension refresh for the B5.5, but I need to do so soon.

See ya Friday afternoon.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Sweet. Need another key/fob for my B5.5. Also need 1 (or 2) for my '09 Routan...you carry VW-badged Chryco parts? (Didn't think so.) Not quite ready to pull the trigger on a front suspension refresh for the B5.5, but I need to do so soon.

See ya Friday afternoon.
HAHA, no, we don't carry Chrysler parts. My keys are only good through 2005 unless you have a VW New Beetle, good through 2010 on them.

I WILL have shirts!

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
I don't sell floor mats right now, not sure if I will in the future other than limited availability.

FunkSkunk

TDI
04 Golf GL Manual
Will I be getting that preregister email soon? Just want to make sure its all lined up. thanks!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
We are spending the night in Bryson City, NC which is about an 1.5 hours away.

See you all tomorrow!

aimstylus

TDI
'12 Golf, '15 Q5
Got my Stage 2 tune with DSG and I must say I don't know what I was thinking when I chose APR over this. Nice meeting you all.

Jeff

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Really had an awesome time today. Got my stage 3 tune and it rocks. Tune is much smoother and less smokey than my Upsolute tune. Really enjoyed meeting Andrew, his lovely wife, his dad, his kids, John Fettig, and Andybees.

Also had an awesome time meeting Aaron and his brother Matt from Boraparts. Turns out we have way more in common than we thought other than our love for VW TDI's. Had an awesome time hanging out with them.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Really had an awesome time today. Got my stage 3 tune and it rocks. Tune is much smoother and less smokey than my Upsolute tune. Really enjoyed meeting Andrew, his lovely wife, his dad, his kids, John Fettig, and Andybees.

Also had an awesome time meeting Aaron and his brother Matt from Boraparts. Turns out we have way more in common than we thought other than our love for VW TDI's. Had an awesome time hanging out with them.

Yep, we had a great time too! It was good to see Andrew, John, Aaron, Clint (from Louisville), etc., as well! Also, I appreciated the pass from Andrew. We hope to see you guys in St. Louis!

With only a Stage 1 Malone Tune, it improved the ALH in my Vanagon awesomely!

Sorry we couldn't stay for the events today! But, considering this is our anniversary weekend, I had to make good on a promise..... touring Cade's Cove with my wife!

whipwarrior

TDI
none
There were definitely a lot more cars this year than in 2012 (the last SoWo I attended). Sucks that Volkswagen was making people jump through hoops to score a free chair when all you had to do before was present your key fob to prove that you were a VW owner. I picked up the cheap digital tire pressure gauge, the free poster, and one of those embossed VW dog tags. A little disappointed by the few TDIs in attendance; I only saw Jettas and Sport Wagons, but no Golfs. In the plus column, I finally crossed the 1000-mile mark on my odometer this trip! :)

Me and my bro, with his new Jetta GLI

Washed and waxed the night before the show!

Last edited:

FunkSkunk

TDI
04 Golf GL Manual
Andrew you were right... that tune is awesome, especially 1st through 3rd gear. Way more go juice now! thanks

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey guys, the ALH Vanagon with a Malone Stage 1 tune, got 35.2 MPG on the round trip to and from SOWO .... which involved driving across the Smokey Mountains via Gatliburg and on the way back we spent the day in Cade's Cove! We rolled up almost 600 miles on the trip!

A tune from Malone rocks!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
whats normal for your vanagon?

In 17k miles, I've probably had two or three tanks to fall under 30 mpg but nothing below 29 mpg.......... it is a daily driver.

Typically, from tank to tank, I've been getting 31 to 32 with most of them just over 32 mpg.

Since my Odometer unconsistantly rolls up short, I use GPS to verify. The Odometer never has the same spread difference between it and the GPS. The GPS and my Blazer are pretty much spot-on, so, I know the GPS is okay!

Tango Delta

TDI
2010 Shark Blue
Thanks for the tune Andrew and John, my car typically gets 48mpg heading to work and on a good day got 50mpg. First day after my tune the car got 52mpg on the way to work. This tune will pay for itself in no time!