SOWO 2014 May 16, 17 and 18th, 2014 - AARodriguez and Malone Tuning

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Just wanted to let everybody know. The Unicoi State park which is just 8 minutes from town has rooms at the lodge and tent sites available too if you want to go that route.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
I am assuming you will be sending out a schedule for tunes in the next week or so. Is that correct or should we just plan on showing up and getting the tune done anytime during the weekend? I am assuming we also pay there.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I am assuming you will be sending out a schedule for tunes in the next week or so. Is that correct or should we just plan on showing up and getting the tune done anytime during the weekend? I am assuming we also pay there.
Included in the registration form is
What date and time would you like to have a tune done? *
Just give an approximate
If there is an issue with what you entered, I'll contact you.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
So this will be my first SOWO event and I am having trouble finding out details about parking, etc. Can someone please provide a breakdown of what to expect there.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
So this will be my first SOWO event and I am having trouble finding out details about parking, etc. Can someone please provide a breakdown of what to expect there.
There's usually a lot of free parking and there's large city parking lots that have like a $1-2 parking fee using the "honor system" box.
See the map below for our location, I'll email entry passes to all tune registrants soon, this will get you into the DO NOT ENTER gate
;)

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
I suspect the gate for tune customers will be where the red mark is on the map, we'll be in the orange

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I have a bit going on, but might just drop in! My brother lives south of the area near Gainesville.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Very cool, will you be driving the vanangon? Make sure you come by and say Hi, Jon and I will both be there.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Andrew, Will they allow cars to come in to get tunned? I saw it mentioned that they were only allowing cars in the field that had been preregistered.
Just wondering.

I'm getting ready this week, taking Thursday off to finish up, and will leave on Friday. We'll see you there!

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Andrew, Will they allow cars to come in to get tunned? I saw it mentioned that they were only allowing cars in the field that had been preregistered.
Just wondering.

I'm getting ready this week, taking Thursday off to finish up, and will leave on Friday. We'll see you there!
Yes, they will allow my customers to come in if they have the pass that I still need to email to everyone. I have an email confirming this from show organizer Matthew Bounds.:D

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
A TDI get together would be awesome. I will be there must of the day on Saturday.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

fouckhest

Veteran Member
TDI
.:GTD, .:R32, DangerRanger
Saturday is a tough day got a gtg since the show will be going on; personally my car will be in a booth all day

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I wouldn't mind a TDI gtg. I usually park and leave my car most of the weekend except going out for a fe runs.

arcticcat93

Veteran Member
TDI
06 V10 Touareg
I would say a ~50hp jump is significant though.

Other off the shelf tunes are gaining significantly more torque so im comparing options. Its a 5.0L 10 cylinder diesel with two turbos, it shouldnt be impossible to gain 60-80lb-ft. A PD 1.9 stage 1 malone tune is advertising +43lb-ft

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
Other off the shelf tunes are gaining significantly more torque so im comparing options. Its a 5.0L 10 cylinder diesel with two turbos, it shouldnt be impossible to gain 60-80lb-ft. A PD 1.9 stage 1 malone tune is advertising +43lb-ft
I could see where that increase would be discouraging especially in a 5.0 V10. I am going with a stage 3 on my ALH and that is +40 HP +75 TQ out of a VE. If you are going to be at SOWO on Saturday with the Touareg, I would love to check it out and even go for a ride in it. I remember seeing them all the time when I lived in Italy 10 years ago and thought they were pretty impressive.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Prob a good chance torque is limited to save other components and possibly the trans.

eddjmemg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
360 hp & 563 lb ft are super car numbers. Someone is being greedy! I wish I had that V10 in my Touareg. Actually no I don't. I don't want to begin to imagine the repair $$$ costs for that thing. Plus it doesn't have the sweet 8 speed auto.

Wished I could make it this weekend. Everyone likes to over ride my plans all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FunkSkunk

TDI
04 Golf GL Manual
I should never have looked on here... I live 45 minutes from Helen and now all I have to do is convince the wife to let me get my PD TDI tuned by the master! Lets see how do I ask her, any suggestions? lol

oh and no discount for stage 2? it didn't show a price in red on the link

Last edited: