Southern Worthersee anyone?

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Oh I'll be going. I really enjoyed it last year. Lots to look at and then we hit the mountain road Sunday. They aren't kidding when they mention Sunday you'll get a chance to check your mods, it was amazing how hard everybody was running on the twisty roads. I loved it!:D

jessabug

Veteran Member
TDI
Hubby's 2001 Jetta TDI, '84 IDI turbo diesel Jetta
2nd year in a row for us. Likely bringing our Mk1 TD and our '01 TDI :D

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
They aren't kidding when they mention Sunday you'll get a chance to check your mods, it was amazing how hard everybody was running on the twisty roads. I loved it!:D
I know, I went around a friend in his 1.8T last year. And I am faster and have LSD this year. :D

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
Yea, I very much hope to be there. Went last yr, and was a blast!

fouckhest

Veteran Member
TDI
.:GTD, .:R32, DangerRanger
i will 100% be there! favorite show of the year!

plus i will be unveiling my TDI swap/project that i have been working on for almost 2years! :eek:

:cool:

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks terrydtdi. Free is good. It looks like fun. Just found Helen on the map -- a pretty remote place, but the mountain drive getting there would be nice.

jessabug

Veteran Member
TDI
Hubby's 2001 Jetta TDI, '84 IDI turbo diesel Jetta
Its a German-themed town. Pretty neat little place with some great views.

Looks like we'll just have our TDI now. Looking like the show is going to be pretty awesome this year!

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
All of the hotels in the area will likely be full. Last year I was able to get a room at the Unicoi State Park Lodge last minute. 5 minutes up the mountain from Helen, very reasonable rates.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
I am definitely on the going list! If you wear shorts and sandals you can take the shortcut and walk across the river to the big field where there are more cars than the parking lots.

smooth

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
I am definitely on the going list! If you wear shorts and sandals you can take the shortcut and walk across the river to the big field where there are more cars than the parking lots.
The show is in the field this year. Not in the parking lot.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
The show was really in the field last year. Over half the cars were in the grass. I am thinking that the field may be overfilled and that there will also be delays on entering and leaving. I am highly considering parking in the lots like I should have last year.

The show is in the field this year. Not in the parking lot.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
I'm going to try to park near wear I parked last year. Close to where the Volkswagen trailer was.

David, is the Rado ready?

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, my wife and I decided to make the trip for the first time and enjoyed it a lot. I think our age is twice that of the average attendee and the show attracts a great many performance enthusiasts, but we found plenty to see and met a lot of nice people with incredible skills. The Sunday cruise was a blast and is quite a sight. We did the "course" in our JSW TDI (following another TDI) and really enjoyed the spirited mountain driving.

There were a lot of Vendors there and VW brought in a fancy 18-Wheeler with give-away stuff for anyone who showed their VW key.

I'm not sure how many VWs arrived, but it was at least 1000 and some estimates we heard were nearly twice that! The hotels were also packed with VWs. Our JSW was carefully backed in along with dozens of other models, interupted only by a lone Honda Accord innocently parked by someone who had stopped for a night's rest!

Last edited:

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
It was a good time, a bit overwhelming for us as vendor's, but we'll likely go again next year.

:)
more pics to come....

Last edited:

jaypee_alh

TDI
'97 B4 Sedan
My second SOWO & my wife sure didn't care for the lack of decent facilities ;)

Mr. Rodriguez, what can I say? That second time was a charm! The car pulls like a TRAIN!