Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Very surprised to see this at a Bucees's in SE Texas when I filled up today: $2.99! They make a ton of money by people going into the store. It's huge!

Other nearby places lowest is like $3.76 or so.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I paid $3.75 for diesel the other day in Osage Beach Mo.

Reactions: Ton

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
$3.11 for RUG and $4.25 for diesel at the local Speedway.

Moparmax

TDI
2000 Jetta
Just bought fuel for 3.98, first time its been under 4.00 in a long time. Eastern Iowa

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
$4.15 in Tempe, AZ last night. Thought I had Fry's fuel points to lower it 10 cents more, but apparently not enough 🙁

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
$3.07 rug and $4.20 diesel north west NJ…..and they pump it.

vwishndaetr

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta
Honest question for all the folks that daily diesels... any consideration for switching over to a hybrid/gas?

Even by today's standards, the previous 50mpg VW diesels are pretty close to gas powertrains and hybrids now a days.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Honest question for all the folks that daily diesels... any consideration for switching over to a hybrid/gas?
Odds are we'll all have to, eventually. But I have no plans. My ALH costs $0.10-0.11/mile at today's prices, still a bargain. And I simply prefer to drive diesels. I have a MK7 GSW with 16K on it, so I shouldn't need to step away from diesels for a while.

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
Like my 🔫 you can pry it from my cold, dead hands.

But seriously, I have had the car since new, so I know its history and all the quirks. I commute 60+ miles roundtrip and only have to fuel up twice a month. It is completely paid off and my insurance and registration are inexpensive. I enjoy working on it when needed and really appreciate the support found here. I only have 2 complaints: first, it is a black car, so it is hot in AZ and second, MVD will only let us register for one year at a time now with a smog due each year (used to be 2 years or more). Even so, my plans are to keep it until it is not able to be driven anymore.

Ton

Veteran Member
TDI
early 2001 jetta

But seriously, I have had the car since new, so I know its history and all the quirks. I commute 60+ miles roundtrip and only have to fuel up twice a month. It is completely paid off and my insurance and registration are inexpensive. I enjoy working on it when needed and really appreciate the support found here. I only have 2 complaints: first, it is a black car, so it is hot in AZ and second, MVD will only let us register for one year at a time now with a smog due each year (used to be 2 years or more). Even so, my plans are to keep it until it is not able to be driven anymore.
Excellent answer!

x1800MODMY360x

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL

Unless you live outside of the testing area, 5 year tags and no emissions testing. (Save $80 for not emissions testing for the 5 years).

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.

Even by today's standards, the previous 50mpg VW diesels are pretty close to gas powertrains and hybrids now a days.
It's a topic of conversation in our house. Both vehicles are paid for and retirement is getting closer, so adding a car payment is not desirable today. The JSW is 13 years old and only 156k miles on it, so lots of good years left with mostly known maintenance costs. We currently like the freedom of walking out to the garage and taking either vehicle for what ever adventure we want to face today.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Back to your regulary scheduled program...
I just paid $3.69 for D2 and rug is $3.29. gas is coming up while diesel is going down.