Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

2004LB7

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Big range at Arcos in Folsom right now $4.80 - $5.69. The highest had the most recent tanker fill I imagine, yikes.
Folsom? as in Folsom, CA 95630? of so, stay up at Costco or CG. sometimes even the one one the corner of Wells but stay off Folsom Blvd for fuel stations. getting crazy

MukGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD
Folsom? as in Folsom, CA 95630? of so, stay up at Costco or CG. sometimes even the one one the corner of Wells but stay off Folsom Blvd for fuel stations. getting crazy
Yep Ca folsom. I fuel at Costco. Hopefully they won't gouge us too bad and stay 'a bit' lower. But I'm preparing for $6 to $8 by end of Summer. May pull the ad for motorcycle down and have the wife drive the tdi :rolleyes: . That will offset this fuel nonsense some.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
$3.99 for RUG and $4.89 for diesel at the local Speedway. I am so not missing this. 😲

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
No diesel in this photo but interesting nevertheless. From my daughter in LA today:

She said this was on the west side near Beverly Hills; not all the stations are this high.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
MONTAGUE nj is at RUG $4.25 and diesel $5.15….😱

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I'm in Overland Park Kansas and diesel is $4.29 here

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
$4.29 here in Texas Hill Country as well. Makes me wish I filled up both transfer tanks last week when it was $3.79.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
$4.19 for RUG and $4.89 for diesel at the local Speedway.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Just topped my Passat up for 3.59
Everywhere else is over $4 a gallon! I wasn't planning to fill it up, but had just under half a tank and was driving down a country highway and saw the price... I had to stop and top off.

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
It just keeps going up and up. With wages going up, supply chain issues, oil going through the roof, something is going to blow.

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Just saw $4.999 at a Sunoco in Albany.

I was a bit under a quarter tank in the Suburban, and thought I'd fill it before the price of RUG goes up any more (it was $4.239). Pump clicked off at $100, 23.5 gallons. Almost full, but not quite. That truck is going to be doing even more sitting....

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
My wife asked me to check on the way into work this morning as she is below a half tank on the JSW. The station we usually fill at is $4.69 this morning but the BP station is still at $4.29. We also get to use grocery points at the BP. Told her to get dressed and get up there before they wake up and start raising the prices. Should have probably topped off the truck but that would have only been about 5 gallons.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Believe it or not a station nearby (SE Texas) was on Saturday and yesterday (March 5 and 6) at $3.88. I fueled both of our TDIs there (we have a new Passat now also). I presume they forgot to change the price!

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Count your (our) blessings here in the good old USA where we subsidize the fuel industries. The last time we were in Ireland, 2019, diesel was ~€1.50/Liter...

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
In FL I can use the scooter for most things, It gets 100 MPGs. The TREG TDI is pulled out for distance trips obviously.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I spoke to a customer today who just completed a manual swap in an '02 Jetta, using that for his 100+ mile round trip commute. Just parked his Duramax. We're expecting to see yet another round or MKIV TDI refreshes: the energizer bunny of diesels.

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
$5.99 to $6.19 in the East Bay Area now. Most stations have leveled out at $6 a gallon for #2, still expecting worse.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
From Historian H. C. Richardson, Ph. D. today...

"...The government has little to do with the cost of gasoline. Since our oil companies are privately owned, the cost of oil goes up and down according to supply and demand. That, in turn, can depend on disruptions to crude oil supplies, refinery operations, or pipeline problems, or even on what people think will be future demands. Last year, in the midst of the pandemic, the economic recession meant there was little demand for oil, and prices were very low. That meant producers reduced production, and they have not yet fully ramped it up again.

Even before (the current world situation), the booming U.S. economy meant increased demand for oil and thus increased prices. U.S. companies increased their production, but perhaps not enough to address the imbalance between supply and demand that would address soaring gasoline prices. And in that gap, oil companies made huge profits.

On February 20, 2022, Tom Wilson of Financial Times reported that the seven top oil companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, and Chevron, would return a near-record $38 to $41 billion to shareholders through stock buybacks, after distributing $50 billion in dividends..."

Your tax dollars at work...

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
The BP station by me was $5.29 this morning. Going to not let the truck drop below half so I can spread out the pain.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
From Historian H. C. Richardson, Ph. D. today...

"...The government has little to do with the cost of gasoline. Since our oil companies are privately owned, the cost of oil goes up and down according to supply and demand. That, in turn, can depend on disruptions to crude oil supplies, refinery operations, or pipeline problems, or even on what people think will be future demands. Last year, in the midst of the pandemic, the economic recession meant there was little demand for oil, and prices were very low. That meant producers reduced production, and they have not yet fully ramped it up again.

Even before (the current world situation), the booming U.S. economy meant increased demand for oil and thus increased prices. U.S. companies increased their production, but perhaps not enough to address the imbalance between supply and demand that would address soaring gasoline prices. And in that gap, oil companies made huge profits.

On February 20, 2022, Tom Wilson of Financial Times reported that the seven top oil companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, and Chevron, would return a near-record $38 to $41 billion to shareholders through stock buybacks, after distributing $50 billion in dividends..."

Your tax dollars at work...
So he's saying that our government's relationships with Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, or Russia don't matter? That the EPA's rulings on exploration fields, pumping, or refinery operations don't matter? Really?

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
This time I can envision the nationwide average gasoline and diesel prices stay high, as in around $4/gallon, for a few years or even longer.

TDIs and other fuel efficient vehicles will become even more important assets in my view.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
So he's saying that our government's relationships with Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, or Russia don't matter? That the EPA's rulings on exploration fields, pumping, or refinery operations don't matter? Really?
[/QUOTE
Not entirely, but... P.M. Sent.