Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Northern nj- $1.85

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
That is because there is a difference between "CARB" states that have adopted California's auto emission standards and those (if any) that have adopted the CARB-mandated fuel formulations used in California. AFAIK, the CPR is the only state that uses these formulations and only refineries here in the CPR make CARB fuel (which is why prices are much higher here and spike more when a refinery shuts down for "maintenance" or "repairs").
Not sure if it is te "exact" same blend, but i know that many of the larger cities are also running different fuel blends. Cook county Illinois (Chicago) and surrounding area has been running special blends for at least 25 years. You used to be able to sit just inside the county line at a station that was 10 - 15 cents higher than the station across the street that was outside the county. That was back when gas was still cheaper than it is today. early 90s

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
The next move in fuel prices will be even lower.

Lots of local stations under $2.00 now for ULSD.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Heard rumors of oil dropping below $30 a barrel soon.

GWbiker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI 4dr.
Forementioned Shell station near Tucson, $1.89 for D2. Lots of small Diesel PU trucks fill there, so fuel turnover is high.....:D

zvimbaz

TDI
MkIV Jetta manual
I just filled up for $1.69 (same price as regular). Mckinney, Texas woo-hoo!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
MkIV 05 Jetta TDI manual. 104K Black-on-black.:D

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
Cheapest diesel in southern Baldwin Co., Alabama is $1.769 (cash) at Dodge's Fried Chicken, with $1.899 being about average.

Over in Mobile, the cheapest diesel I've seen is at the Dodge's Fired Chicken on Schillinger Road, where the cash price is $1.669. Just a few miles away is a Chevron on Hillcrest charging $3.099. I'm sure they do gangbusters business at that price. :cool:

jhinsc

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
$1.839 at Kroger, with my typical $1/gallon discount, I was able to fill up for less than $14! My lifetime fuel costs keeps dropping and now at 4.7 cents per mile, for 2015 it was 4.0 cents, and with my one fill up so far in 2016, starting off the year pretty good at 2.0 cents per mile. Enjoying the low fuel costs while it lasts!:D

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Cheapest diesel in southern Baldwin Co., Alabama is $1.769 (cash) at Dodge's Fried Chicken, with $1.899 being about average.

Over in Mobile, the cheapest diesel I've seen is at the Dodge's Fired Chicken on Schillinger Road, where the cash price is $1.669. Just a few miles away is a Chevron on Hillcrest charging $3.099. I'm sure they do gangbusters business at that price. :cool:
Ah, but is it made from on-site resources? :D

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
It's dropped back to $2.15 by me; had gone up to $2.21 last week.

.... I'm addicted to Chevron - high turnover station near Roseville rail yard (where UP fills their Hi-Rail track maint. diesel trucks).....$2.599..........

The Arco across the street is $2.25 (but alas I'm hooked on Techron)....

ez sends.............