• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

SOLD! Three 02A transmission 5th gear sets for sale.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
These are all sold now, thank you!

I have three CTN 02A (AHU/1Z) transmission 5th gear sets I pulled from wrecked transmissions. Two were due to broken cases and one transmission grenaded when the cross shaft came out, but 5th gear was unaffected. All three are in good shape but one has a tiny chip on one gear tooth, $75 for the good ones and $50 for the chipped, plus shipping and PP fees. Includes all the parts attached to the gears. They should easily fit into a Priority Mail package, so shipping would not be much.

I can get more pictures if people want.

Included is everything taken off the transmission.

This is the one with the chipped tooth on the smaller gear at the top. It is so small it should not affect anything.

Last edited:

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
May I ask where you got your puller from?

Regarding the chipped teeth, at work we have Aveos for courtesy vehicles. Constant transmission issues from driver's shifting without the clutch (you would think truckers could drive manual???) Anyways, the foreman always smooths the edges of any chips in the gears with a cut off disk or flap sander. They typically whine otherwise. Like you say, a small chip typically doesn't effect things.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Constant transmission issues from driver's shifting without the clutch (you would think truckers could drive manual???)
They may have a reason for their bad habits.

I had to drive a 10speed truck on a job, got in, tried and tried but could not shift into the next gear while it was moving. Called the foreman and asked if something was wrong with the clutch, and he said you can't use the clutch, you need to get it up to 2000 rpm, then quickly - without touching the clutch - shift into the next gear. It worked. I couldn't believe it. No grinds either.

97caron

Veteran Member
TDI
NB

I had to drive a 10speed truck on a job, got in, tried and tried but could not shift into the next gear while it was moving. Called the foreman and asked if something was wrong with the clutch, and he said you can't use the clutch, you need to get it up to 2000 rpm, then quickly - without touching the clutch - shift into the next gear. It worked. I couldn't believe it. No grinds either.
It's called "speed shifting"

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,

Yup, on a big truck you're not supposed to clutch between shifts. That'll ruin the clutch brake in no time at all

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Yup, on a big truck you're not supposed to clutch between shifts. That'll ruin the clutch brake in no time at all
I e always rev-matched while shifting, but only because it was smoother and easier. I was advised long ago to only use the clutch when starting and stopping. It doesn’t work well in TDI’s but industrial trucks are easy.

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
Only if you push the pedal all the way down to the floor. Most clutch brakes are designed to free spin if they are accidentally applied when the truck is moving.

I think I was told that transmission manufacturers require double shifting for warranty purposes but I've never looked into it and I'm not sure it could be proven anyways.

jackfolstam

Veteran Member
TDI
MkI Rabbit ALH swap
What's the part numbers on the gears? I assumed that they are the same as a DQY 02J diesel transmission, and that the difference between the mk3 and mk4 tdi gearboxes was the R&P gear ratios.
For example, my CTN is getting tired so I got a spare 02J from the yard and was going to see if the R&P would swap from the 02A to the 02J.

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
Yes you ARE supposed to use the clutch when shifting heavy truck transmissions. You don't put the pedal to the floor otherwise you'll burn up the clutch brake in no time.

Does anyone actually double clutch when driving these? I hope not for your left knees sake.

When driving a synchronized transmission it's just dumb to shift without the clutch.

Tear up the brass, forks, pads etc. No reason to do it with those transmissions.

Last edited:
TDI
96 glx variant tdi
I've driven well over half a million miles in trucks with Eaton's RTLO 18918b Transmissions. Clutch ? Only to full stop and start from a stop. Double clutch when needed is the only way to operate these transmissions, otherwise rpm matching to gear selector is the way to shift.

Last edited: