SOLD - Not a TDI - 2014 BMW 535d xdrive for sale in CT

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Hello all, it's been a while since I have posted on Fred's - my job doesn't afford me the time to web surf that it used to. I find myself owning one too many cars and have decided to sell my 2014 535d xdrive. It's Dark Graphite Metallic with Venetian Beige Dakota leather. If you're reading this and interested, you maybe already know the technical specs of the car so I won't bore you with any of that. I will tell you that I have doted on this car and maintained it with guidance from the famous Mike Miller "lifetime maintenance schedule".

The good:
- Purchased CPO in 2017 with 37k, currently at almost 115k. This car has been my daily driver for the last six years. It's bone stock.
- I have the full maintenance history of the car from new. It had been leased by the dealer I bought it from, so the shop knew the car from new, and one of the techs was kind enough to share the maintenance history up to 37k. Of course I have all the records from that point. I have also recorded every gallon of fuel and DEF I put in the car.
- The car rides on 18" type 365 wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport all-season tires with only 11k miles on them. Non-RF.
- Car was recently detailed and I compared it against the photos I have from 2017 and can't really tell much difference.
- Lightly optioned from the factory, this car has parking sensors and front/rear heated seats in addition to the stuff that all 2014 5 series cars had.
- All-weather mats and I will include the original carpet mats.
- As other owners can attest to, this is a brilliant highway car, returning (not quite TDI-level) MPG at mid-high 30's, but none of my VW's have come close to the comfort, handling, and feeling of utter confidence at speed that this car gives. Also, with AWD it's been great the few times I have had it out in the snow.
- I have both keys, all manuals, and other documentation for the vehicle (including the original window sticker).

The less good:
- the car has a couple of bumper cover dings and one of the rear door handles has had the paint layer partially peel off of it. Purely cosmetic.
- I think the front driver's side brake rotor is not entirely planar anymore as there is a subtle vibration at certain speeds. I was waiting to address this when the brake pads wore down enough to change them. This is merely a nuisance and doesn't affect braking performance in the least.

Recent work done (in addition to normal ongoing fluid / filter changes):
- left side front axle replaced because the boot cracked and I started to hear CV joint noises
- DEF tank was replaced (not under warranty, grinds teeth) a year ago, so that still has a year of warranty
- front end bushings were replaced in 2021
- transmission was serviced at 80k

This is a peach of a car and I was in it for the long haul until the DEF tank fiasco (two weeks at the dealer just to diagnose the problem that ended up costing me $3k to resolve). I am asking $18,000 for this car and all the records. We are located in SW CT, around 20 miles from NYC. Please PM me if you're interested or have questions. (Of course I will make a donation to TDI Club if this posting gets the car sold.) Thank you for having a look!

The pics:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Nothing wrong. It's a very nice looking car. I have a 335d which I thoroughly enjoy. But unfortunately, these cars' values drop like stones. It's also not a vehicle that a lot of people are looking for, but that doesn't mean the right buyer won't come along. It just might take a little while.

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
Nothing wrong. It's a very nice looking car. I have a 335d which I thoroughly enjoy. But unfortunately, these cars' values drop like stones. It's also not a vehicle that a lot of people are looking for, but that doesn't mean the right buyer won't come along. It just might take a little while.
Yes. Plus it's a little more than people usually spend around here. Beautiful car though.

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
I am surprised at the lack of interest / response. Did I say something wrong?
I bought a B4 Passat from this seller and the amount of maintenance done and record keeping on it was outstanding. IIR, even every tank of fuel was documented. Seemed like no expense was spared. I expect that this BMW was extremely well cared for as well.
GLWS,

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hi guys, I'm open to offers. This is a really nice car and would be a great pick-up for someone who lives in a non-emissions area.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Now asking 17k OBO.

Folks, I have to level with you - if you're interested in one of these cars, this one might be the best example on the market right now. Yes, my asking price is a little higher than Sam's Used Cars down the street who got his 535 from an auction, but this car has a known history and full documentation, which is worth something in terms of peace of mind. Plus I'm not some rando off the internet, this is my personal car.

Golf Wang

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI Exec
I’ll buy it in March if it hasnt sold yet lol. I am in the market for a daily driver / beater car to reduce mileage on my 2016 Touareg TDI Exec. But I am prioritizing paying off my student loans between now and when I get my bonus. But at that point I will have the cash and will be ready to purchase.

I recognize that is in 6 months lol. Glws

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My wife is encouraging me to move this car - I'm seeing comps on Autotrader in the 14-16k range so now I'm asking 14k. Would love if the car went to a diesel fan. Those of you in non-emissions states may be aware of what a torque monster a little tuning could create! Thanks.