SOLD: For Sale 2000 VW TDI Golf 305k mi in San Fran

MDuff

TDI
2000 Golf TDI MK4
My son has been using my 2000 Golf TDI in California and just bought a newer car. Now we need to part with it after 21 years and over 305,000 miles. It is drivable, but in a worn down condition due to age and miles.

The engine has been very reliable and in 2017 made some minor repairs to the body. I maintained it pretty well and kept it running. Installed the panzer plate quite a while ago. It is in 'working' condition and needs repairs.
  • 5 speed manual transmission works…but noticed it might be starting to slip,
  • Cloth interior is showing its age…roof fabric is sagging,
  • Interior is fatigued…glove compartment door opens and closes but a side part is broken,
  • Hatchback strut needs to be replaced,
  • Heating and cooling fan not working right (fan and filter would need replacing),
  • Minor scratches, but no major rust,
  • Suspension system seems worn down and is rough on bumps,
  • One hubcap missing,
  • Struggled to start in below zero Wisconsin weather…works fine in California.
  • Engine light stays on due to disconnecting an optional hose
I don’t have recent pictures, but can add them once they are back in SF on the 3rd. Not sure what it is worth…but would like to have someone who values a VW TDI have it. At this point I would take $500 or Best Offer.

Please note that the car is titled in Wisconsin.

Last edited:

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
My son has been using my 2000 Golf TDI in California and just bought a newer car. Now we need to part with it after 21 years and over 305,000 miles. It is drivable, but in a worn down condition due to age and miles.

The engine has been very reliable and in 2017 made some minor repairs to the body. I maintained it pretty well and kept it running. Installed the panzer plate quite a while ago. It is in 'working' condition and needs repairs.
  • 5 speed manual transmission works…but noticed it might be starting to slip,
  • Cloth interior is showing its age…roof fabric is sagging,
  • Interior is fatigued…glove compartment door opens and closes but a side part is broken,
  • Hatchback strut needs to be replaced,
  • Heating and cooling fan not working right (fan and filter would need replacing),
  • Minor scratches, but no major rust,
  • Suspension system seems worn down and is rough on bumps,
  • One hubcap missing,
  • Struggled to start in below zero Wisconsin weather…works fine in California.
  • Engine light stays on due to disconnecting an optional hose
I don’t have recent pictures, but can add them once they are back in SF. Not sure what it is worth…but would like to have someone who values a VW TDI have it. At this point I would take $500 or Best Offer.
If only you were closer. I have a family friend whose son is getting his license. Having something to work on, and also lasts a long time would be perfect! Good luck with your sale - that's a crazy price, you could ask more on CL.

Gusman

TDI
B4V
I’m interested and would like to come take a look tomorrow if your son is available. I’ll send you a message with my phone number, feel free to call or text any time. I’m located about an hour north of San Francisco.

thanks!

MDuff

TDI
2000 Golf TDI MK4
I’m interested and would like to come take a look tomorrow if your son is available. I’ll send you a message with my phone number, feel free to call or text any time. I’m located about an hour north of San Francisco.

thanks!
Thanks for checking. My son won't be in San Francisco and available until Monday the 3rd. I'll let you know when arrangements can be made.