SOLD - 2015 VW Golf TDI SE w/Lighting Pkg - Mission Viejo, CA - $11,995

RedSerge

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Golf Silver
Up for sale is a super clean 2015 Golf TDI SE w/Lighting package, 49,500 mi, Tungsten Silver Metallic exterior with Titan Black interior, also comes equipped with a Curt Class 1 trailer hitch.

Autotrader listing

Brief history:
Vehicle has been involved in a minor front end collision with no air bag deployment (don't know the full story but it almost looks like vehicle might've been backed into by a big truck or something), but was declared total loss by Farmers insurance therefore has a salvage title. I believe the main reason for the total loss was that both of the Xenon HID/LED headlamps were damaged and those are $1300 each new from the dealer just for the bare headlamp housing. Vehicle has been fully restored at my shop - Auto Care Experts - in Mission Viejo, CA. No shortcuts were taken and every part damaged was replaced with a quality aftermarket or OE part: both headlamps (OE - used), hood, bumper cover, grille, impact bar and absorber, two radiators and condenser, radiator support - all quality aftermarket, we were able to re-use the original fan, replaced few other minor things. There was no damage at all to any of the engine components, frame, suspension, etc. Vehicle was/is very clean inside and appears to be well taken care of by the previous owner. We have also replaced the battery, changed the engine oil and filter, replaced fuel filter and filled the DEF tank full upon completing the repairs. It's been already smogged and ready for the new owner. This was my first "restoration" project and I was monitoring every step to make sure everything is done right.
I've been a long time member here but not very active for the past few years. I used to own The Auto Clinic in Irvine, CA and had done some TDI services for a few members in the past. I'm also a used car dealer now and vehicle is going to be sold through the dealership.
Let me know if there are any questions. I also have some "before" pictures if anyone is interested to see the extent of the original damages.

TDI Club pic.jpg

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Autotrader listing comes back as sold

Edit: it works now, strange

Last edited:

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
Nice car, looking for some thing just like this one but the $13,000 price tag for a car that carries a salvage title is a little extreme, I'm all in at $9,000

RedSerge

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Golf Silver
Nice car, looking for some thing just like this one but the $13,000 price tag for a car that carries a salvage title is a little extreme, I'm all in at $9,000
From what I see, SE trim with under 50K miles even without lighting package and tow hitch usually lists for $16,000-17,000 in my area. My cost is above $9,000 not including the labor, but I'm open to more reasonable offers.