nvr-enuf

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon 01e 6sp
2005 Passat Wagon TDI w/ 01E 6 speed manual by Whitbread Performance
- TEXAS CAR - 100% RUST FREE, rust proofed upon arriving to WI
- Bright silver exterior with grey leather (pleather) interior
- CHAINLESS! $2600, I have the service bill
- 01E manual transmission rebuilt with upgraded 1-2 shift collar $3,600, I have the bill for conversion and tranny rebuild
- carbor fiber synchros
- single mass fly wheel
- 160K miles
- 17" wheels and newer continental all season tires
- Rebuild title; Right rear section was repaired
- HID headlight conversion
- Synthetic oil used
- Rear euro spoiler
- tinted windows
- set up for sirus radio
- heated seats
- Frost heater (plug in for winter)
- Priced to sell
Call Scott @ 262-719-4047 for more pictures or e-mail me at scott.strobel@huscoauto.com

usmcracing

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Did the buyer from your post back out? What was the reason? I am looking at passat wagens to replace my wife's 03 Jetta Wagen TDI, we need more room. Why are you selling the passat with so work into it? How long have you owned it?

Thanks
Steven

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
If I hadn't bought my 04' Passat I'd be very interested. Sounds fairly priced. Why are you selling?

How is the driveabilty & M.P.G.'s effected with the 6speeed?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Wow. Excellent price.

What version of 01E?

Is there any SMF gear rattle at idle with the transmission warmed up.

If only I could afford two... :D

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Nice, GLWS. Interior shots wouldn't hurt.
Info. on the brakes/tires and interior please.

Was there frame damage on the rebuild/salvage title? Any paperwork on what was done?

How long have you owned it?

thanks

sizzlin bacon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI S
Alot of unknown details on this. Mileage? Interior? Seems to be a unicorn at that price..
How about how much damage was sustained to be rebuilt and the panels off? I like the car, but not much has been said about the frame condition. Any info?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
My 04' wagon does NOT have this plack protection plate/sheild... or what ever it's called. Are all 05' bumper skins like this. My cheap 04' factory clear protecto-cover looks hidious. upgradable ?

nvr-enuf

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks Usmcracing
I thought people would call me about more pictures.
Ebay buyer felt his 2009 jetta was a better car than my 2005 wagon. He thought the road noise was higher on my car than his. My clutch pedal is heavier than his dual mass flywheel - he noticed that.
Mileage 160K
Reason for selling - I am on a runzheimer program work (car allowance), they won't let me use my wife's newer mini van as the car that I drive.

Single mass flywheel by DC Clutch - I do not hear any rattle / noise does not change with warm up. It is a diesel and it has a manual gear box, to me I do not notice anything out of place / weird for noise.

Performance - Matt did a mild tune that really livened up the car. Awesome driving with a 6 speed.

MPG - I used to get 35 mpg with the auto on the highway, I now can get 42 mpg. If you drive it better than me which I think most people can, you could squeeze another 1 or 2 out of it.

For the buyer of the car:
Timing belt kit with additional idler not included in the normal kit - I will sell for 50% of the cost from IDParts.com
Filters - I have 10 oil filters, 3 air filters, 5 micron fuel filter, and 1 cabin - I will sell at discounted price.
Blizzaks - very little miles on them, steel black wheels - I will sell for significant discount
Call Scott at 262-719-4047 for any questions.

nvr-enuf

Veteran Member
TDI
AJA8888 - owned the car before me and he may know about which panels were replaced.

Tony - Can you answer the question on the rebuild?

By looking at the car, from mid of the rear passenger door to the rear corner was replaced. You can see the splice above the rear passenger door, it needs a paint guy to sand, paint, and buff.

nvr-enuf

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the compliment - Matt is one of the best fabricators I have met. Guy truly has some talents and visions

nvr-enuf

Veteran Member
TDI
Price for 2005 GLS wagon TDI w/ 6 speed 01E from europe $9200
- all parts sold at 50% of what I paid; skid plate, deluxe timing belt kit, filters, etc
- winter tires and wheels, I may end up keeping the set
Price valid for selling outside of Ebay due to their outrageous fees.
Scott 262-719-4047

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
AJA8888 - owned the car before me and he may know about which panels were replaced.

Tony - Can you answer the question on the rebuild?

By looking at the car, from mid of the rear passenger door to the rear corner was replaced. You can see the splice above the rear passenger door, it needs a paint guy to sand, paint, and buff.
What was replaced was the right rear quarter, rear door, and glass. The car was hit high by a truck (side hit - rear) and no apparent frame damage was encountered. I drove the car 70,000 miles and maintained it to the 10's (ask anyone here). Steve Glover (TDI Guy) in Fort Worth can also vouch for the car as he did the BSM, timing belt, etc. He is a well respected Guru.

I also put new CV joints in the car before Scott got it. I know I put more into it but can't remember everything. Oh, and Jeff did a "Rocketship" tune on it.

I had the rear bumper cover replaced when a guy bumped me at a light and scuffed it. His insurance paid for the new cover and paint ($1400). The cover protector was bought and installed by me along with the OEM rear window spoiler. Costs for those two items alone was $400.

It's a Texas car and those have no rust issues. I put very good HIDs in it, an upgraded fuel filter system, etc. I sold it because I was retiring and had no need for a big wagon to run me around Texas working on oilfield consulting jobs. It's a great highway cruiser and I actually miss the car's ride and performance. The little Jetta I put around in now is not anywhere near the car this wagon is.

Moleman76

TDI
2005 (B5.5) Passat Wagon
I'm the happy new owner

I had looked at the ebay listing the first time that Scott put it up. Almost bid, but then pulled back my snipe.

So then it showed up again. He and I talked a lot on the phone (patient seller). I bid (buy it now) and Saturday I met him and the car at Milwaukee airport, followed him to a bank to trade a check for the title, and started driving west. Monday evening, 2100 miles later, I was home in Washington.

What a great, comfortable driving road car. For all of those long stretches of I-90 where the speed limits are above 65, the 6th gear kept rpms just a hair above 2100. For all of those places in SD, WY, and MT where it seems like 1/4 of the road is being rebuilt, and they squeeze you down into single-file lanes, I did have to shift down. At one point in rural east Wyoming I pulled out to pass a freight-car sized RV. The acceleration from 65 to 90 was very quick.

75 mph, into 20 mph headwinds/sidewinds, and AC on for the 80-95+ degree outside temps didn't give the fuel economy a good chance, but the "average" was showing at 38-40 by the end of each day. From Bozeman home today, I ended up with 40.1 - and there is a lot of up and down between there and here. The continental divide, at least 3 other major passes, and a bunch of lesser bumps.

I would be interested in whatever more detailed description of the various modifications that could be easily shared. One of these days someone is going to be looking at it and forget that it's not an automatic. Having the explanations would help.

thanks to all, Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.