SOLD: 1999 New Jetta TDI ALH 5 speed, 4 door in Gaithersburg, MD - $1,200 OBO

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
We are anticipating a cross-country move and seeking to sell our Tornado Red backup car. There are 400K miles on the car. Paint is rough in areas. Interior is a bit worn as well. Engine runs fine and drives well. Car has RC 2+, Old Navy CCV mod, ventectomy, CAT filter. Will include 1.5 jugs of Mobil 1 TDT oil, service manual and some door cards I never installed that came with replacement seats. Car is tagged in Maryland with historic tags.

We have owned this car since 2003 and have records of fueling and service since that point. While our 2015 Passat TDI 6 speed is our daily driver now it was good having the Jetta as a backup vehicle. Unfortunately cross-country move makes it impractical to keep.

I wanted to offer it here first to see what interest is and get an idea of what it is worth. If no interest I will eventually list it elsewhere, possibl

vr6dubin0531

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta
We are anticipating a cross-country move and seeking to sell our Tornado Red backup car. There are 400K miles on the car. Paint is rough in areas. Interior is a bit worn as well. Engine runs fine and drives well. Car has RC 2+, Old Navy CCV mod, ventectomy, CAT filter. Will include 1.5 jugs of Mobil 1 TDT oil, service manual and some door cards I never installed that came with replacement seats. Car is tagged in Maryland with historic tags.

We have owned this car since 2003 and have records of fueling and service since that point. While our 2015 Passat TDI 6 speed is our daily driver now it was good having the Jetta as a backup vehicle. Unfortunately cross-country move makes it impractical to keep.

I wanted to offer it here first to see what interest is and get an idea of what it is worth. If no interest I will eventually list it elsewhere, possibl
What do you want for it any pictures?

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon

What do you want for it? Would like to see some pictures

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
Just looking around I don't have any recent photos, so I will take some later. Here is one from a few years ago:

Not sure what price to set. I remember my son got $1,300 for a non-running 1984 Jetta diesel several years ago on eBay.
I guess I will have to see what the going price is for one like mine in driving condition if not pretty.

Dave

Last edited:

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited:

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
Taking a look at eBay I see two 1999 Jettas sold recently with $2,300 for the higher sale.

Dave

Last edited:

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
Just drove the car today to air up the tires. It has a CEL due to a glow plug code. I have the glow plug and will provide it with the car along with some other parts specific to the car.

Dave

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
Car still for sale. Price above is a starting point for discussion. If there is interest I can post my spreadsheet for the car.

Dave

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
As another data point my son gave $300 for a 2000 tornado red Jetta with roughly the same mileage and in similar cosmetic condition a couple of years ago. It was a runner but needed quite a bit of catchup maintenance, including TB due to lack of records. The car really only had value to a buyer capable of doing the work themselves.

If yours has recent TB, brakes, suspension, or tires etc. post those details - a lot of the value of a 20 year old car depends on expected cost of ownership for another 2-3 years.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
As another data point my son gave $300 for a 2000 tornado red Jetta with roughly the same mileage and in similar cosmetic condition a couple of years ago. It was a runner but needed quite a bit of catchup maintenance, including TB due to lack of records. The car really only had value to a buyer capable of doing the work themselves.

If yours has recent TB, brakes, suspension, or tires etc. post those details - a lot of the value of a 20 year old car depends on expected cost of ownership for another 2-3 years.
Thank you for your feedback. As noted above I have a spreadsheet documenting the car's service and fueling. I am looking for a way to attach it to this post, but I don't see file attach as an option. I guess I will see if I can upload it to the image server and edit in a link.

Found a way to get it here:

Dave

Last edited: