SOLD - 1998 Jetta TDI manual for sale - car does not start (Atlanta, GA)

jayritchey

TDI
Jetta 1998
This car has been sitting in my backyard driveway since October 2020 after I couldn’t start it. At the time I happened across another car easily and life got in the way and the car has sat there. I need to get rid of it now so if someone is looking for a project this may be a good opportunity to fix it or use it for parts.

I need the car removed from my backyard parking spot which is down a short downhill driveway. So will need someone with some helpers to push it out or get creative towing it out.

I’m open to offers for what you think the car is worth.

What I know about the car:
The car doesn’t start. When I tried to start it the last time the car wouldn’t kick over.
It has about 215K mi on it. When it ran, it ran well, getting 45-50mi/gal. Never been in an accident. Has pretty new tires on it. I have owned it for the last 12 years or since 70k mi and have always put synthetic oil in it every 5k miles. The timing belt broke on me at about 150k and I had the whole top of the engine rebuilt. Had the engine mounts and struts replaced around 150k. I had a mechanic find a different air filter (see photos of the engine) after the original filter wasn’t able to be sourced. The interior is well worn, a little mildewy and the ceiling fabric is delaminating. The sunroof is caulked closed to keep water from getting in. There's some dings and such. There’s a scrape below the doors on the passenger side when I scrapped it on a tall curb.

jayritchey

TDI
Jetta 1998
Car is FREE to whoever wants to use it for parts or try to get it starting again - my mechanic friend says it's likely the starter.
You'll need to figure out towing and help with moving it out of my backyard driveway.