*SOLD* '00 Jetta TDI Auto in MI for $12.6K on ebay

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto
*SOLD* \'00 Jetta TDI Auto in MI for $12.6K on ebay

Let the pics load, they speak for themselves...
Just detailed. This is an extremely nice car. I bought it from the original owner a year ago with 32K on it and have driven it on the highway 124 miles per day to and from work. Will be changing careers and will be buying a new Ford 6.0L 1-ton Powerstroke (hey, at least I'll run B20 in it)
Here are the details:

2000 Jetta GLS TDI
64,xxx miles (see pic taken on 8/25/03
Automatic (45 MPG every day @ 70 MPH)
White exterior
Tan Leather heated seats
NEVER smoked in
Moonroof
Power locks and windows
Updated window regulators installed by VW
Non-Monsoon cassette stereo
Hitch (used once with small trailer)
New MAF at 45K
New Continental ContacTouring Tires at 45K
New Timing Belt install at 45K (80/100K belt)(Thanks, Gewilli)
New rear brakes at 45K
Bled Brakes at 45K (Thanks, Zanzabar)
New Fuel Filter at 45K
Oil change every 10K w/Valvoline Premium Blue Full Synthetic 5-40
Will include OBDII interface with serial cable and VAG-COM share-ware on CD
Will include 3 or 4 OEM air filters, descreened, so I change it every 10K
Will include TDIHeater, brand new never installed
AMOCO Premier almost always, B20 whenever I can
3 minor dings, one on trunk hood edge, two on rear bumper
PROBLEMS:
1. Current CEL indicated intermittent glow plug circuit failure
2. It does not currently have a lower engine cover (skid plate)
WILL HAVE 1 AND 2 FIXED BEFORE IT IS SOLD.

$12,500 firm, will go on ebay on Saturday, September 6th if I do not have a taker before-hand.

Feel free to call or e-mail:

(616) 541-1106 days
(989) 352-6752 eves
(231) 250 4790 in between

mmmt@pathwaynet.com
or
mgross01@ddrn.detroitdiesel.com

Thanks -- Mark

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver
*PICS!* \'00 Jetta GLS TDI Auto White Tan Lthr 64K

You didn't list AC, but I assume the car has it. My wife has a mild interest in it.

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto

Yep, ice cold AC. I can take more pics and e-mail if you or anyone else would like.

Mark

BiodieselCleveOH

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Silver

Hi, Mark. If you have other pictures, I'd be interested in looking them over. Where in Michigan is Lakeview? My wife's folks live in Somerset outside of Jackson, Michigan.

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto

Thanks, only problem is I don't think it will quite be appropriate for the Ford 6.0 Powerstroke. Thinking maybe something like GZLNDSL /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)

That's a sweet looking car !! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto
*PICS!* \'00 Jetta GLS TDI Auto White Tan Lthr 64K m

To the top once more, great car and with gas prices the way they are, surprised no-one jumpin on it. Will go on ebay shortly.

Lightman

Veteran Member

Looks like a nice car, with decent/average maintenance. Fuel filter at 45k isn't necessarily something I'd list IMO, considering they are supposed to be changed every 20k...

Also looks like you are going a similar route as I am. Too bad you didn't order a real diesel /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif Just teasing. The 6.0 has been a nightmare since it's introduction, just ask anyone that bought one....I'm hoping that by the time you get yours, if you haven't yet, they will have already done the 30 reflashes at the factory, and worked out most of the bugs. Once that engine is running reliably, it will be great truck!!! I do like the ford truck quality better than dodge, but the engine doesn't match up at this point. Ford does have a much roomier quad cab!

Guys, I just sold my 2002 Jetta with 59k for around $16k. This car is definitely a good value at 13k asking price! Someone should snatch this up soon /images/graemlins/cool.gif White cars sure stay nice and cool in the sun.

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto

If the Ram came in a 1-ton SINGLE rear wheel, I'd be all over it (a little Detroit Diesel or a MB would be a more palatable option under the hood also).. I actually get an employee discount while I am still at Detroit Diesel. Not only does the dually not go through a banks drive-up, but fast-food drive throughs and auto car washes are out of the question. The hip-hop song "Baby got Back" comes to mind every time I see a dually truck from the rear.

I will be selling the 6.0 in ambulances starting next year, another reason to drive one and be able to comment on their performance and reliability.

Good buy here on the Jetta, someone has to be looking for this car...

highhilltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta GLS

[ QUOTE ]
sipndsl said:
If the Ram came in a 1-ton SINGLE rear wheel, I'd be all over it (a little Detroit Diesel or a MB would be a more palatable option under the hood also)..

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh, the Ram does come in a SRW on the 1-ton. Not that there's a big difference in towing between the 2500 and the 3500. Huge payload difference between the DRW and SRW though. I agree though, if you can avoid the the dually, do so. Our '03 Ram 3500 DRW is a dedicated tow rig, but it would be no fun to skim through alleys and bank drive-thrus are impossible.

I just don't trust brand new motors. I wasn't interested in the Duramax at first, but now that I've seen them with 250k-350k miles on them I would trust one. I trust the 7.3L as well, and we all know the Cummins will go the distance. When I'm buying a $5,000 engine I'm not risking the thing grenading at 150k miles because it wasn't designed right. And based on the roll-out problems of the 6.0L, somebody skimped on something. Plus from what I've gathered it's a bugger to work on. Time will tell, just not on my dime.

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto

Dealer told me otherwise. Must be he did not have any in stock and did not want to go searching (especially for an employee discount sale). I'll have to look at the RAM w/Cummins a bit closer.

This car is still for sale. Will go on ebay this Saturday if not sold sold before.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI

no offense, but i'd say the car is worth closer to 10 or 11 than 13. I've see similar cars without leather or sunroofs for sale for 8500.

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto

[ QUOTE ]
tdipoet said:
no offense, but i'd say the car is worth closer to 10 or 11 than 13. I've see similar cars without leather or sunroofs for sale for 8500.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken, it's only a car. A NICE car with some extras and known history as well as all maintenance current. My payoff is $12,500. If anyone wants it before it goes on ebay Saturday night, now is the time to act. I will set my reserve at $12,500 and it will go to the highest bidder.

VR6nTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
None right now. Former: 00 Jetta, 01 NB

Check out the completed items on eBay before you put the car up for auction. 00 Jetta TDI's are barely getting bidded past $10k. May want to save your auction fee if you are firm on $12500!

highhilltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta GLS

Most of the TDI's I've seen on Ebay lately are dealers. Private seller cars bring much better money on Ebay. We sold our '01 Mitsu Galant V6 on their back in January and I was also skeptical because there were several others on at the time barely bringing $10,000 and never hitting the reserves. I put mine on with a well described ad with emphasis that I was a private seller and exactly what the car had been used for. Gave an excellent description of everything, lots of pictures, etc. Starting bid was $1. Ended up exceeding my reserve of $12,000 the third day and it sold for $14,500 which was more than KBB private sale value. Just make sure you're auction has lots of info.

If I see something I'm interested in and the ad reads "nice car, runs good" and that's it, I move on. If someone doesn't have the time to give me all the info they can, then screw em.

VR6nTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
None right now. Former: 00 Jetta, 01 NB

I never thought about that regarding the eBay auctions. I should look into this as I'm also trying to sell my 00 TDI (Auto)...but I was hoping for a 3 way sale and getting back a similar car in 5-speed!

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto

Only 1 day left on the auction before it is either sold or goes in the auto trader and the local paper. This car will sell for 12,500, just a matter of finding the right person who can't resist this beautiful white TDI.

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto

Yeah, let's hope. At least I got what I needed...the rest is just gravy (or actually just mods for the '03 Dodge 1-ton w/Cummins that is sitting on the lot waiting for me to pick it up. Thanks highhilltdi for the lesson on availablity of the single rear wheel in the 1-ton. I have found my next diesel!!!!

Only rather than sippin', I will be guzzlin'

Thanks --

highhilltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta GLS

You're getting a six-speed right? If you gotta have an automatic, don't even drive the six-speed or you'll be spoiled. Haven't done any mods to our '03 yet, honestly can't say it needs anything. Might throw something on in the future but I'm pulling 16,000# at highway speeds without slowing down on the hills.

Congrats on the auction and a quick told-ya-so to the ebay negative nancys above /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sipndsl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Auto

Nope, 4-spd automatic. Wife refuses to drive a manual (is a tempting reason to buy the 6-spd) so will settle for an auto. I feel pretty lucky since my local dealer did a search and found only a handful of the SRW 1-tons in Michigan and only one in white. I will be pulling a 38' gooseneck with only about 12,000#. First mod will be the hitch, then maybe a foldable bed cover, then maybe a plow and then some tunes (although the Infinity system is impressive for a stock system). Just out of curiosity, what are you getting for mileage pulling the load and empty? The one I am getting will have the HO motor, don't know the HP/Torque numbers vs. the regular Cummins, but wondering if mileage will be much different between the two.