So Who Has The Most Miles?

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
How many miles on your Touareg TDI? I have almost 129,000.

Duke Fame

TDI
V10 2006 Touareg TDI. 2012 Jetta TDI
155k. Pulled motor. Cleaned intake , tandem pumps and glow plug harness. Runs like a top! (V10 2006)

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I've seen quite a few (both 6 and 10 cyl) go past the 250k mark......
I still have a long way to go since I'm not even at 100k yet and I'm not racking it up quickly as it's not my DD or only vehicle.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
I have 82K miles on my 2015. Runs great other than the lag that the new emissions tuning introduced. I hate that!

Texmich

TDI
2014 Toureg R-line
I have 180k on my 2014. Wondering how long I can reasonably make it last. So far replaced rear spring (broke), front seal. Most likely rear seals are leaking and need to be replaced. Religiously change fluids and filters. I love it, but wondering if I should pick up a low mileage 2016 and start over on mileage.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have 180k on my 2014. Wondering how long I can reasonably make it last. So far replaced rear spring (broke), front seal. Most likely rear seals are leaking and need to be replaced. Religiously change fluids and filters. I love it, but wondering if I should pick up a low mileage 2016 and start over on mileage.
Not sure what seals you're referring to....
IMO, if it's not causing you headaches, a well maintained vehicle with known service history is a better option than a new to you more complicated one (depending on trims) with less milage and unknown history.

If you've been religious about filters and fluids, (gearbox, transfer case, diffs, coolant, brake fluid, etc, not just oil\fuel\air) there should still be lots of reliability left in it.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
Mine is untouched and goes like hell
Which year is your? I would love to get the original tune back. I don’t need a bunch more power, I just want it the way it was. My TCM is stock since I had two of them at the time.

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
Mine is a 2014 Sport. I recently set a one tank mileage record of 722.3 miles. For that tank it got 30.56 mpg. I have to admit it had several 65 mph runs of 100 miles a piece.

Sword_of_the_Spirit

Veteran Member
TDI
All Makes
Same here. Refused the update for my Wife’s Cayenne. Watching the weeping and wailing unfold on Rennlist made up for any lost $$$. Not one issue with it. That’s not an exaggeration either.

As a side, what is a warranty on a vehicle after it expires for instance when one ran an inferior oil only because it was spec’d? Everyone has a different purpose for their vehicles and I for one have never had an issue with the motor outside of warranty (by many, many years) because I have THOUGHTFULLY maintained it. Others on the opposite hand only buy a vehicle because of its warranty. Seems a bit backwards if you really like the vehicle and have done research on whether it could be the “lifer” that safely transports your welcomed newborn, doggies, let alone your Bride.

Cheers for those running a 5-40 or 15-40 and modifying the vehicle. That’s right, I’ve been running Rotella since Day 1….DPF doesn’t know any better, yet I know the motor does based upon sampling.

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
While waiting for an oil change at my VW dealer, there was a guy in there that had 195K on his 2014. His had the emissions mod and said it had been been pretty much trouble free but needed new struts the dealer quoted at $3200 (ouch!).

deepseafortydog

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen, 2011 Touareg TDI
247k on the 2011 Treg. I had 310K on my 2000 ALH Jetta before I sold it.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I think we have 185k or so on an unmodified 2014 with emissions updates done. Purchased in 2017 with 110k miles. Great vehicle.

Nothing but brakes (on second set of pads and rotors), oil changes, filters and tires. Only one other issue with the infotainment system that I was able to correct with a used unit (the head unit piece in the glovebox went bad).

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
I think we have 185k or so on an unmodified 2014 with emissions updates done. Purchased in 2017 with 110k miles. Great vehicle.

Nothing but brakes (on second set of pads and rotors), oil changes, filters and tires. Only one other issue with the infotainment system that I was able to correct with a used unit (the head unit piece in the glovebox went bad).
I'm confused...."unmodified 2014 with emissions updates done". Did it have the update?

Turbospool

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 White TDI Jetta, 280k, 2003 jetta 270k
210k and going up , going till she tanks with start up rattle since I own it 60 k ago.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
unfortunately I had the emissions mod work completed, still regretting it.
You won't if you ever get to take advantage of any repairs that won't cost you anything... like let's say.... a $2.5k NOx sensor.... don't ask me how I know.

LangsamKafer

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
A recently acquired 2014 with 185k on it now. I just took it for a 2500mile road trip, and it was fantastic.

DeltaPete

TDI
2012 Touareg 3.0 TDI
I bought my 2012 Touareg TDI in September of 2018 near Seattle. It had 88K miles and I drove it to Alaska where it has been ever since. It now has nearly 159K miles and, other than a heater fan, I have done very little to it other than oil and filter changes every 3000 miles and fuel filter changes every 20,000 miles. My work has regularly taken me to remote gold camps and hunting lodges as far as the road system goes - and beyond. This car handles beautifully on the road, but also off road. Ask a Jeep owner or other “Off Road,” vehicle owner if theirs does this!
Now…for the last year I have had the P2015 code keeping the MIL on. This isn’t a runability issue so I have put off dealing with it until recently. I don’t want to make this post too long so let me end with saying that I have installed the flapper motor limiting brackets from Diesel Geek. I canceled the code, but the light has come back on, so evidently I am not done with this issue. If anyone is interested, I can update as this thing carries out.