So...what are they building with?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Have any of you gotten any answer as to what components are going into the updated/newer turbos welded to an ALH or BEW manifold? Like the quite attractive GTD1752VRK? Their sites say things that are quite un-specific, and I have not gotten an answer with the questions submitted directly.
cheers,
Douglas

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
It's a BMW OE turbo I believe, unless fitted with a different compressor wheel, welded to a manifold of your choosing. Super responsive turbo, with head-lifting boost available at very low RPM, so tune and build accordingly.

david mihai

TDI
VW Polo
Take your pick; maxboost( formerly gottuned ) or profi.

Douglas
I installed MuchBoost GTD1756VRK in my car - this one:

Fully satisfied. Now we are working on GTD2060VZ from www.MuchBoost.com as well.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Just to avoid a partial misunderstanding, I am not saying anything bad about these folk, just that I can not discover just exactly what they are offering to sell me.

Douglas

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Garrett makes the turbos. Then some aftermarket performance parts companies are modifying them to work on the older engines.
Garrett made the raw materials, but since their welded TDI GTD costs less than their bare, new OEM 1752 I have to wonder just what exactly it is they are using.

Douglas

03Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf, 92 Toyota swap (ongoing)
Based on the 2 gottuned turbos I have, they're using old cores. Not sure who manufactures the CHRA. I have probably 40000km on a 17/20 hybrid. The GTB1756VK I have is waiting for the rest of the engine before it gets tested so no driving on it yet. Hope that (partially) answers your question?

Braden

david mihai

TDI
VW Polo
Just to avoid a partial misunderstanding, I am not saying anything bad about these folk, just that I can not discover just exactly what they are offering to sell me.

Douglas
I think the quality of MuchBoost hybrids is top. I have their GTB2871VK together with tubular manfold as well. It makes 397HP

Believe me that my Lupo is a real devil now :D

If you have any questions, let`s email Robert from Muchboost. He'll probably answer quickly.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
If you have any questions, let`s email Robert from Muchboost. He'll probably answer quickly.
With all due respect, do you really think I would have written this if I got response to multiple emails?

So what is yours built with? new, rebuilt with ___? Not rebuilt?
cheers,
Douglas

Xtremefunky

TDI
EA189
With all due respect, do you really think I would have written this if I got response to multiple emails?

So what is yours built with? new, rebuilt with ___? Not rebuilt?
cheers,
Douglas
Hmmm, I spoke multiple times to Robert or Muchboost over the last couple of years, as well as many friends,
and people that I know.
Not a single one had ever issues with contacting them. They are always kind and respond immediately.
Even on times, where normal people are in bed or even sunday / weekends!
Never experienced such a superb costumer support in any business or very seldom.
Have you tried via Instagram or Facebook, if mail doesnt work.
Insta and FB is even faster for contacting / chatting with them.

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf
I have purchased form Robert before when he was at gottuned. Now he runs muchboost . He has been really helpful with questions and concerns when I spoke with him. He would even answer me on FB on weekends. Robert Podlacha is his name.

As for parts used he says the turbochargers are OE and parts used to build them are sourced from suppliers in Europe such as Poland. No China parts are used in his builds.

Hope this helps!

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
I have bought from both gottuned and muchboost. Never had any communications issues. I am not saying you havent....but I havent. That said, the european market has millions of turbos sold that we dont get. So its possible that pricing there is less. Also, as there are virtually unlimited cores, then rebuilt turbos are cheaper and easier there. The pricing is good. The parts seems to be fine. Regardless if the part origins, the results are stellar. Why is it important for you to know where the turbos originate(besides agrrett).

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I want to know what they are (likely) rebuilt with, and what these 'improvements' they make are exactly. I have asked repeatedly, and given up asking them so I ask here. I got about the response I expected unfortunately.
cheers,
Douglas

Xtremefunky

TDI
EA189
I want to know what they are (likely) rebuilt with, and what these 'improvements' they make are exactly. I have asked repeatedly, and given up asking them so I ask here. I got about the response I expected unfortunately.
cheers,
Douglas
I can totally understand what you mean, but why is it important? Like. They balance OEM Turbos and as we know, OEMs dont have the best balancing. So its definitely something which is better. They put the turbo on the flowbench to allow the best possible spooling.
If the turbo serves then all it can do (high VNT, and good airmass and pressure ratio), what else do you wanna know?
Like isnt it enough, that you know the turbos are reliable and working flawless, even when (people like me) squeeze everything out of them?
Other guys are telling you "stories" and in the end the turbo falls apart. Was it better then?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
It is important because it is important to me.

Rebuilt? Rebuilt with what? I have not even gotten an admission that they are even rebuilt or anything resembling that. One can infer many things, and assume many more. I just don't feel like it. Is there some problem with me knowing what I am getting? or how it was prepared?

Have heard from the third, and got reasonable answers quickly but Profi and Muchboost are entirely unresponsive to such inquiries. And yes I have tried their web page contact, and published emails.

Douglas

Last edited:

david mihai

TDI
VW Polo
It is important because it is important to me.

Rebuilt? Rebuilt with what? I have not even gotten an admission that they are even rebuilt or anything resembling that. One can infer many things, and assume many more. I just don't feel like it. Is there some problem with me knowing what I am getting? or how it was prepared?

Have not heard from the third, but Profi and Muchboost are entirely unresponsive to such inquiries.

Douglas
Which form of contact did you try? Maybe send them an email via https://muchboost.com/contact-us/ or try via https://www.facebook.com/Muchboost.