So there's a dead snake in my car...

seahawkdodge

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Seriously. It is wedged between the lower windshield and the dash, down by the base of the windshield.

HOW THE F--- DO I GET IT OUT?!?!?

Ahem. Seriously.

Nightmare food.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Oh boy, that is most interesting...
I would think removal of the dash is in order, but I know nothing about your car specifically.
Can’t help wondering though, how on earth did it get in your car? And why?

seahawkdodge

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I have no clue.

Unless it is some weird insulation.

Last edited:

seahawkdodge

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I couldn't get much of a picture. When I couldn't get to it, I watched a video on windshield replacement.

It's not a snake, it's insulation. I swear I saw nostrils and a beady eye.

Ophiophobia anyone?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Pull it REAL hard and if it smokes, sparks or sizzles it was just your harness. If it rattles...

Seriously pictures

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
pull the dash? pull the windshield?

unless it smells maybe easier to just let it sit, lol.

seahawkdodge

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I am glad I could provide some comic relief. Last night I told my wife, "The good thing is that it's not a snake. The bad thing is that I just spent the last six hours thinking it was".

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
My Dad submerged a ute in the farm dam when I was a kid. He left the door open when he got out to close a gate, and a tiger snake slithered in. Dad had just started moving again when he saw the snake on the passenger floor getting ready to strike. He jumped out leaving the ute in gear, and it proceeded into the dam.

Not much in the way of electronics in a '57 Holden ute, I don't think it took much harm.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
My Dad submerged a ute in the farm dam when I was a kid. He left the door open when he got out to close a gate, and a tiger snake slithered in. Dad had just started moving again when he saw the snake on the passenger floor getting ready to strike. He jumped out leaving the ute in gear, and it proceeded into the dam.

Not much in the way of electronics in a '57 Holden ute, I don't think it took much harm.

Never having heard of a tiger snake, I had to look it up. A native of Australia and venomous.

seahawkdodge

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Never having heard of a tiger snake, I had to look it up. A native of Australia and venomous.
Australia has an awful lot of those. I figured P2B an Aussie when I saw "ute".

I have been to Perth and Hobart a few times, and very much enjoyed it.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Tiger snakes are deadly. When I was about 12 I was driving our farm manager around the ewes to check on lambing when he got out to check on a lamb which appeared to be dead. He picked it up and the tiger snake curled up under it got him on the calf. He ran back to the ute (a '55 I bought out of a neighbor's paddock and got running, completely unroadworthy) white as a sheet and yelled "get me to the hospital".

It was about 30 miles from the farm to the nearest hospital, and I drove there as fast as the old heap would go. I blew through a radar trap just inside town limits, but the cop didn't catch up until we were pulling in to the hospital by which time my passenger was barely conscious. They gave him anti-venom immediately and he pulled through.

I don't remember getting in trouble for underage driving on the highway, but they did tow my ute and I think it probably cost my dad more to flatbed it back to the farm than I paid for it in the first place.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
And this is why i live in a place where i could* freeze my eye lids closed just by walking outside during 2 months of the year.

Maybe just 2-3 days a year it seems like now a days.