So, Does Montana have any great TDI Mechanics??

technoheck

TDI
2003 Jetta
Fairly new on the forum, and moved to MT a year ago... I have an aversion to wrenching, but enjoy the "heck" out of driving my 2003 Jetta TDI. Unfortunately, the dreaded timing belt failure hit my Jetta around 3 years ago and I havent had resources or inclination to fix er. Am now finally over my funk and would like to get her running again, however since I moved, I dont have any contacts that would know a good mechanic up here in Western MT to take on the project. Im in the Helena area, so would appreciate any input on where to get this fixed.... It sounded ugly when it broke- Im sure head work and mebbe a couple of pistons might be needed, When it broke, I parked it so it would be going to the shop on a trailer.
Anybody ??

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
Try hitting up MTJake he used a shop in Helena "VDUBS AND MORE"-(406) 457-9712 (not vouching, but Jake can let you know how his experience was)
Helena, MT
shame we are so far apart,
Hope this helps!
Justin

v8volvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
You might try sending an email to Scott Edgerton - he is based in Missoula and was able to recommend a shop for some folks I know around there when they needed some work on their Mk3.

http://scottedgerton.com/

d24tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4V
Stay as far from scott edgerton as you can. Guy is a scam artist!
I cannot speak to Scott Edgerton although I have heard his name mentioned once or twice. For the benefit of the rest of us in this part of the country can you give more detail as to what problems you had?

I can say that VDubs and More in Helena has been good the handful of times I have worked with them. Auto Stop in Bozeman is also competent although extremely expensive and usually booked out months. There is a place in Four Corners that always has TDIs parked outside as well, and an import garage in Missoula that I have seen some at.

Montana has a lot of old TDIs still on the road as they are an ideal tool for covering long distances like we have to do here. Thus I imagine most shops have seen one or two and know at least a little bit about keeping them going.