So. Cis system goes bye bye. .Or keep it?

EvilBunny

TDI
85 jetta n/a DEZ(RIP) 03 Golf TDi(RIP), 02 Tdi5spd(RIP), 1984 GLi 20vBT, 85 westy golf(ALH BTswap), 06 M3(RIP), 2013 335is, 2010 690 duke(rip)
I don't see it being user friendly in my 85 mk2 when I'm ready to setup Fueling for my ALH swap.

I've begun the dissembling on both cars, and I was just kicking myself in the ass for thinking of everything. . But this little situation.

Anyone use the cis system or did you ditch it and go intank mkv or something? ? The main issue with keeping cis for me is that the system needs a couple things that cost more than I got both cars for lol.

Anyway. Any input is awesome. TIA

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
you can get quality inline fuel pumps that are a good match for cheap that you don't need to worry about diverter valves etc because the cis pump is too high pressure, just sell the stuff on vortex

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
the facet posi flo 7-10psi ~40gph iirc is the pump i got. ~$45 shipped on amazon, made in the usa even! haven't tested it, but there are plenty of good inline pump options for <$100 that won't require diverter valves because of too high of pressure

jjordan11

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 Audi 80 quattro PD130, 1982 Westfalia TDI
I used the stock CIS pump with my Audi conversion, the return fuel line restriction determines the fuel line pressure, not the pump. I put an adjustable regulator on mine and measured the delivery pressure to the filter, it was adjustable from 1 psi to however high I wanted it to go. I would usually set it to 8-10 PSI.