Snowscreens Gone From 2002 Golfs?

KentSzabo

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Mojave Beige Metallic
I recall browsing through a couple of posts somewhere in this forum that stated the snow screens were not present in the 2002 Golfs, when the owners went to remove them. Does anyone know if this is true? Mine was built 2/15/02. Maybe Just Some Guy might know something official regarding this question.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
My brothers 2002 Golf TDI has them as well as my Moms 2002 Jetta TDI.

DB

S

SkyPup

This is weird, NOAA is predicting even more snow for next year, question is, why did VW not pay attention to their warning and deleted the sucky snowscreens, this doens't make sense as it could even snow in Key West this century, what could they be thinking????

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
They chose to believe in "global warming"?

S

SkyPup

Either that or they read Boundless's email letter explaining the importance of snowscreens and their excellent snorkeling functions in undersea operations and decided to chunk the whole load of sheet out the window!!!

Chris B

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon 5 spd
My 2002 TDI wagon didn't come with a snow screen. It was built sometime mid Feb. of this year. I'm not complaining, either. I think it's a dumb device, a typical German solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Chris

Deception

Veteran Member
My 2002 Jetta TDI had a screen in the snorkel. An xacto knife took care of that in a matter of seconds though.

[ June 14, 2002, 03:15: Message edited by: Deception ]