Smyth performance beetle build

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
With that step-side bed, it is just begging for a set of stacks( well, at least one ).
cheers,
Douglas

Prairieview

Veteran Member
TDI
Two 2000 Beetles, 2002 Jetta, 2002 gas avh Jetta, fleet of older 1.6 turbo and non's
But, the cab would be just as miserably small as the Mk. I pickup was.....have to open a door to have enough room to cut the cheese, etc.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Not so. These guys do the kit with the same seat movement as the original. You lose the ability to recline the seat, but otherwise there is still the same cabin as before.

So, dweisel, I'm wondering what you think about the tail lights. The pictured ones are too small for me, and they seem to be the first contact point on the rear plane. Are you going to keep them as shown, or do you have an idea on changing them to the OEM lights? I'm asking because I've got an '03, in that same color, and I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Cheers,

PH

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
Powederhound, you'll probably have your kit done before I even get started. I've got tons of other projects I need to finish first before I start the Smyth Beetle.

Never really thought about the tail lights it good point. They are minuscule at best. OEM tail lights would have been much better. I'm not sure what all it would take to retrofit some other/ better tail lights.

Thanks,
dweisel