Skoda Octavia Scout 2008

skodawagon

TDI
2008 Skoda Octavia Scout wagon, 2L, 6spd manual, 4wd
Hey, just wondering if any other people on the forum have the same model car as me. My exact model is the 2008 Skoda Octavia Scout, 2L tdi, 6spd manual, 4x4. Please tell me about your experience with the car.

Marchena

TDI
Skoda Octavia Scout 2.0 TDI BMM, Volvo S40 1.6 D4164T
Hello,

Bought this car on the way home on holiday to take on a road trip this autumn. 2007 Scout 6 speed manual 4x4. 2L TDI BMM engine. I wanted the BMM engine because of the chain driven oil pump. Lots of power and comfortable to drive, four wheel drive and nice ground clearance.

I don't like the long life oil change intervals it's been on, but I figured it's probably gonna be allright.

AC didnt work, so after a blown pressure relief valve on the compressor after changing the compressor regulating valve, I decided to change the compressor, condenser and expansion valve.

While doing this I took the front off because I was changing the dual mass flywheel because of some symptoms of it failing. (Slight hammering on the clutch pedal from behind while releasing the clutch especially uphill, and a nasty noise when the clutch pedal was pressed half way down). So new rear main seal, throwout bearing, clutch friction plate, pressure plate and DMF.

When the gearbox was off and I was waiting for parts I decided to clean the nasty deposits from the intake manifold, EGR valve and clean/walnut blast the intake ports. That meant turbo off and a trip to the dealer for new seals for exhaust and intake... 😁 Turbo shaft seems tight and nice.

Also had a worn out lower ball joint in the front suspension, as well as a worn shock absorber, so those are getting changed as well.

Quite a bit of surface rust in the rear suspension, but nothing too bad.

All in all a lot of wrenching and not a lot driving at this point!

Just need to get the new shock absorber delivered, install the front bumper and bleed the fuel system to get her back on the wheels...
Air in the fuel system is atleast the working theory as to why the car starts but dies instantly right now. Had two pipes from the diesel filter and the vacuum hose on the vacuum pump disconnected for some days.

What about you? 😂

Last edited:

skodawagon

TDI
2008 Skoda Octavia Scout wagon, 2L, 6spd manual, 4wd
Hello,

Bought this car on the way home on holiday to take on a road trip this autumn. 2007 Scout 6 speed manual 4x4. 2L TDI BMM engine. I wanted the BMM engine because of the chain driven oil pump. Lots of power and comfortable to drive, four wheel drive and nice ground clearance.

I don't like the long life oil change intervals it's been on, but I figured it's probably gonna be allright.

AC didnt work, so after a blown pressure relief valve on the compressor after changing the compressor regulating valve, I decided to change the compressor, condenser and expansion valve.

While doing this I took the front off because I was changing the dual mass flywheel because of some symptoms of it failing. (Slight hammering on the clutch pedal from behind while releasing the clutch especially uphill, and a nasty noise when the clutch pedal was pressed half way down). So new rear main seal, throwout bearing, clutch friction plate, pressure plate and DMF.

When the gearbox was off and I was waiting for parts I decided to clean the nasty deposits from the intake manifold, EGR valve and clean/walnut blast the intake ports. That meant turbo off and a trip to the dealer for new seals for exhaust and intake... 😁 Turbo shaft seems tight and nice.

Also had a worn out lower ball joint in the front suspension, as well as a worn shock absorber, so those are getting changed as well.

Quite a bit of surface rust in the rear suspension, but nothing too bad.

All in all a lot of wrenching and not a lot driving at this point!

Just need to get the new shock absorber delivered, install the front bumper and bleed the fuel system to get her back on the wheels...
Air in the fuel system is atleast the working theory as to why the car starts but dies instantly right now. Had two pipes from the diesel filter and the vacuum hose on the vacuum pump disconnected for some days.

What about you? 😂
Bought the car for cheap with busted dual mass flywheel. So new clutch and all that to fix it. Dpf been removed, as well as the cat. Egr valve aslo blocked off. Stage 2 tune. Fixed reverse sensor with some hot glue. There was heaps of soot/carbon buildup in the exhaust so that's all been removed. I also got a bunch of crap off ebay like new steering wheel, shift knobs etc

Marchena

TDI
Skoda Octavia Scout 2.0 TDI BMM, Volvo S40 1.6 D4164T
Bought the car for cheap with busted dual mass flywheel. So new clutch and all that to fix it. Dpf been removed, as well as the cat. Egr valve aslo blocked off. Stage 2 tune. Fixed reverse sensor with some hot glue. There was heaps of soot/carbon buildup in the exhaust so that's all been removed. I also got a bunch of crap off ebay like new steering wheel, shift knobs etc
How is the tune working out except for the excessive sooting? is that 200+ bhp?