Simple chassis question..

_Christ

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDi
I'm doing an IDI swap into a Festiva chassis and need to know if MK3 K member is the same as MK2 K member... that's apparently not something that anyone I know can answer for me and I can't seem to find the answer.

Basically as long as the chassis bolts and mount locations are the same is all I need, or else I'll have to fix the MK2 One that I have.

If it matters, it'll be a Golf 2 diesel and a Jetta 3 GLX. Those are the two k members that I currently have.

onlyn8v

Veteran Member
You can mount a MK3 K-frame into a MK2. Meaning, yes it has all the same body mounting dimensions. As for the motor, yeah they will fit but you have to change motor mount brackets and mounts. All very available so you should not have to fabricate anything there.

Ive always wanted to swap a turbo bike motor into a Festiva

Last edited:

_Christ

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDi
That's all I need. I can manage from there with using various mounts etc to get everything lines up properly. The nose mount is the only one I'll really have to mess with, and the front starter/trans mount if I decide notbtobuse the VW cross member.

Its pretty easy, Gonna use tdi/std hubs and LCAs on whatever K member and then build one or two mount. There's basically no wiring to be done and only a small cable adaptation for speedo. No need for a tach unless modding the engine and that's easy enough to take care of later. One wire to turn the pump on and it'll run and go lol