Silverdome TDIs

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Cool video. At least the silverdome is generating some revenue again. Looks like there is plenty of room for more tdi's.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Doh! VW just can't catch a break. Half the town is going to think VW is dumping them there illegally.

Last edited:

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
How can it be illegal to park cars in a parking lot? (Still hate to think about my car sitting there)

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
How can it be illegal to park cars in a parking lot? (Still hate to think about my car sitting there)

It appears that the investment group that purchased the site for demolition and development hasn't been fulfilling promises, and the city is going after them for a number of contractual violations. One article mentioned no site plan and unapproved commercial activity, which boiled down is "illegal parking."

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
It appears that the investment group that purchased the site for demolition and development hasn't been fulfilling promises, and the city is going after them for a number of contractual violations. One article mentioned no site plan and unapproved commercial activity, which boiled down is "illegal parking."
Understood. Thanks.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Defunct cars sitting in the parking lot of a defunct stadium. There is a certain balance to this situation.

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
I did a very rough estimate (blocks of so many cars, x so many rows, x so many columns). I came up with more than 6,000 just in that lot.

DASH

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI / 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I did a very rough estimate (blocks of so many cars, x so many rows, x so many columns). I came up with more than 6,000 just in that lot.
Just imaging all of the ones sitting around the country that are unsold at dealerships.

I would pay dearly for one of the NOS, 2015s with no miles and a factory warranty.

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
And after VW can apply stage 2 of the fix to the unsold cars, I suspect that you'll get your chance to pay dearly for one of the NOS 2015s.