Sighting in KY

bumblebeetdi

TDI
2006 Sunflower Yellow Beetle (Bumble Bee)
I have seen several different beetles in the area, 1 so far I know that is a TDI and is blue, wondering if she is a member on here. Also a few Jettas and wagons. Any members sound off in the greater Ashland, KY area, greenup, flatwoods. Ironton, OH. Huntington, WV. I'm sure if anyone has seen me you will recognize me, Yellow Beetle with custom pinstriping around the rear VW emblem and on the decklid spoiler. More custom paint to come. Please Sound Off VW owners, TDI or not, Maybe we can get a good sized group and have a GTG/Meet one year.

Last edited:

Figster

TDI
2002 TDI Golf
I work in downtown Ashland and drive a black '02 tdi golf. I live in WV, so drive back and forth a LOT..

Kevin

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Cool! If you have a GTG, holler at me. I'm a Flatwoods boy, and mom still lives in Ashland. Lots of friends and family there.

If anone needs work, I'm two hours west, just off I 64.

bumblebeetdi

TDI
Awesome, I was hoping I would get some responses on this, like I said, I don't know how many we have in the tristate area and it's nice to know that those people are on this site. Paramedick, I don't have a GTG/Meet, but I figure if we get enough people on this and get the word out, we might be able to set something up one of these days, I would love to show my bug off and see the many other TDIs in the area

Last edited:

RichmondKYtdi

Hey, i am a dark blue 2003 Jetta that covers all of Kentucky (95% of miles are only in KY) for our family business, but i spend most of my time between lexington and morehead on i-64. Although you said she and my wife doesn't drive a five speed so i doubt i am the one you have spotted.

RichmondKYtdi

Also saw a BRAND NEW TDI silver golf yesterday in corbin on the way to barborville, but he was a hoosier. I love the look of the new ones.

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
MK5 dark blue Jetta in Midway, KY, about 2 hours west from Ashland on I64. It's got Audi wheels, so if you see one like that, it's me.

Hurst

back2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI, 2016 Jetta GLI SEL
There may be more TDIs around here than I realized.
I saw a black mkiv jetta tdi in Lexington today off of tates creek. I do occasionally see a few others.

bumblebeetdi

TDI
AWESOME. love seeing more and more people keep getting onto this, keep'em coming. Hurst, I haven't seen yours yet, but occasionally, I make my way down towards Lexington, so maybe on of these days I'll see ya. And as for Richmond, I love the mileage you got on that jetta. The TDI that I saw that was in this area that was driven by a girl was a blue beetle with a manual transmission, not sure of the year, 98-05 though, she was sitting at a red light while I was getting in my car and when that light turned green, black smoke just started rolling from the beetle, she didn't really give it the gas either, I'm guessing something wasn't right there. Anyways, when it comes to the new Golf TDI, they are nice, love the new look, but...the one car I would love for VW to bring here from over seas even if it doesn't have a TDI in it (not sure if it does or not) the VW Scirocco. That car looks amazing, absolutely love it. Well, I'll be keeping my eye out for anymore, see you all around.

Last edited:

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
Subscribing, dad works in Ashland with his Passat, I could make the trip over pretty easily if you guys decide to do something.

bumblebeetdi

TDI
Subscribing, dad works in Ashland with his Passat, I could make the trip over pretty easily if you guys decide to do something.
Awesome, so far we've only got these members here in this very thread so not too many at the moment, I would love to see what kind of a turn out we can make if we get enough members. As I've said before, I haven't got anything planned just yet, but I am looking into things because I would love to go to one around this area. Any of you guys have any thoughts or maybe if you even if one of you wanted to organize it, it doesn't bother me one bit. It would be a first time for me and if any of you have been to one before, it might be better that way...IDK. We'll just let this ball roll and see how big it gets. Any advice would be helpful as well either way.

bumblebeetdi

TDI
Though I would also put in a couple pix of my TDI, only one I know of with custom pinstriping in the area, soon to have more done by my good friend Darin Allen of http://www.killerdesignsbydarin.com/ He's been doing it for about a few year now, 30+ I think. He does work in cali, florida, and a few other places and actually lives here in Flatwoods, KY. he is pretty reasonable.
(click to enlarge)

Custom Pinstripes

bumblebeetdi

TDI
Saw 2 more TDIs outside of Ashland Yestarday. One was a black Golf with kentucky tags (local, can't remember if it was greenup or boyd county though) and also saw a blue Jetta with tinted windows, really nice, wonder if any are members. I've been wanting to tag the next ones I see to get them to join but I never seem to find one stopped lol. Oh Well

KentTDI

TDI
06 Jetta Sedan
Blue MKV Jetta here. I live in Teays Valley, but was working in Huntington & Gallipolis for the last few years. Commuting to Charleston now, so I'm not down your way quite as often...

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
1998 red jetta

I just recently bought a red jetta and have been checking the forum pretty regularly. Not to hijack the thread but does anyone
Know where I can get a new drivers seat?