Side Skirt/Rear Valance Painting? Suggestions?

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
Hello there!
Some of you may know from my post from NMS Passat forum. I finally pulled the trigger for rear valance and side skirts and eventually front valance.
I bought thru ebay some vendor with %99.8 score and he said they bought as a set and never used.
Rear valance is night metallic blue and side skirts one of them is red the other one is only primer(as sold from dealer).
So I negotatied a bit and bought them all for 360 before taxes.
Asked some body shops and they quoted 400$+ for painting LA7W.
No way I am paying more than what I paid for parts.
I saw duplicolor LA7W spray can but feedbacks are so so.
I made a search there are many posts about how to paint plastic bumper trims/body kits but they are outdated.(2005-2010 etc)
Any experiences, new techniques you might want to share?
I do not have a garage so painting will be hard but I can use my friend's garage and backyard.
I will be grateful if you share which steps you followed for similar job?(sanding/primer/adhesion prom. etc)
I tried to carbon fiber wrap it and messed it up.. Curves are making it impossible for beginner like me..
Thanks in advance!

Yes I posted this thread in 101 and did not catch enough attention. hopefully here?

ejm4

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Isn't there a MAACO near you? Ask for a cash deal.

I just purchased a CPO Passat that has dent on the side. Went to three body shops with prices from $800 - $2400 to repair. Ended up going with one that offered a deal for cash money. Here in PA we had no winter, and the current COVID 19 has them hurting for work.

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
Isn't there a MAACO near you? Ask for a cash deal.

I just purchased a CPO Passat that has dent on the side. Went to three body shops with prices from $800 - $2400 to repair. Ended up going with one that offered a deal for cash money. Here in PA we had no winter, and the current COVID 19 has them hurting for work.
I actually did call few places but they quoted 350-400$ including MAACO. So I might try to wrap them they are not super curvy except 2 parts.