Side mirrors memory vs non-memory

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
I have a 2002 jetta and my RH mirror busted (aluminum holder oxidized so bad it broke going down the road) I have been trying to find a used mirror with the same paint code and I have found one but the issue is that it is a memory mirror. I have a power mirror with heat but no memory. This one is a power mirror with heat and memory. I know the mirror will fit but will it connect to the same wiring harness and work (power and heat) just not have the memory or is the wiring completely different?

VE1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLX 5spd
It won't be plug n play. The connectors are reversed. The non-memory mirrors have a male connector while the memory mirrors have a female connector. At least that's how it was on the passat glx I used for my swap.

You can swap the harnesses from one mirror to the other though. Just remove the glass, remove the mirror cap, unscrew the mirror motor housing, unplug the connector, remove the pins from the connector and pull the wires out through the post on the mirror base.

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
Group, just wanted to give an update on this. I purchased the mirror that had memory where mine did not. The unit plugged in exactly with the same connector. Only difference is the mirror had wires on the connector where my car did not (memory option). So I guess they used the same wiring harness and connectors for al lthe different variations.

dremd

Veteran Member
TDI
06 sprinter. 03 jetta wagon premium with 6 speed ALH swap, 14 JSW
I'll buy the memory mirror from you.
Mine is sluggish. I just need the motor, not the housing.

Edit: I just read 3rd post.
Win for you.