Side mirror blinker bulb replacement

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
Anybody know how to get the lens off my 06 driver side door mirror so I can replace the burned out light bulb. I've gently pried on it with a screwdriver, but I'm afraid I'm going to crack it. Any help or pictures would be appreciated!

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
That "bulb" is actually a series of LED's. They aren't likely to burn out. More likely is a broken wire in the harness where it enters the door from the car.

redbrick1

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI
Anybody know how to get the lens off my 06 driver side door mirror so I can replace the burned out light bulb. I've gently pried on it with a screwdriver, but I'm afraid I'm going to crack it. Any help or pictures would be appreciated!
The led's do go bad; my did at about 30K miles. I think moisture gets in and damages it. Anyway, an easy repair, see here: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/turn-signal-side-mirror-replacement-jetta.htm

I bought the replacement part at the dealer (most conveinent), IIRC about $45 or 50 bucks. Good luck.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Just had to repair my passenger side mirror because someone whacked it in a parking lot.

The part number is 1K0 949 101.

CosmicMiami

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan-Trudy
I'm having a similar issue on my driver side mirror on a 2010 Jetta TDI. It was blinking rapidly and intermittently for awhile and now has just a couple "bulb" working. The link is a little confusing. Must I remove the mirror to access the light housing?

goosegunner

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Reflex silver, 2006, DSG, white
I'm having a similar issue on my driver side mirror on a 2010 Jetta TDI. It was blinking rapidly and intermittently for awhile and now has just a couple "bulb" working. The link is a little confusing. Must I remove the mirror to access the light housing?

The glass comes out, then the housing. At that point you have access to the screws to take the inner black plastic off to get access to remove the light.

Its about a 10 minute job.

gg