show me your lowered wagons

dieselpwr

TDI
04 GOLF PD, 15 GSW SEL TDI
Love my GSW, except for the 4x4 look. Show me your lowered wagons and what setup you have. and most important, how's the ride?

CrazyMonkey

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen TDI SE 6M
I'll bite. Maybe not shot at the best angle, but here is mine on H&R Sport springs and the recently installed SEL wheels. The H&R site said the Sport springs were 20% stiffer than stock and that feels perfect to me. It handles much better and the ride is firmer without being harsh. Lowered ~1.5".

dieselpwr

TDI
04 GOLF PD, 15 GSW SEL TDI
looks great. did you keep the stock shocks or change those as well?

CrazyMonkey

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen TDI SE 6M
I kept the stock shocks. They seem to deal with the increased spring rate just fine. I thought about swapping for some Bilsteins at the same time, but decided to try without first. Maybe when the stock shocks wear out.

Here's a before and after with the original wheels. These two photos show the actual drop a little better:

Before H&R:

After H&R:

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
If a car change "un-levels" it

... it might be a cause to raise (or lower) your light beams.

... possibly causing driving blindness to other drivers.

... sometimes it happens with only over loading the car rear, or even a trailer on a hitch

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
After lowering, I've had to raise my bi-xenon lights quite a bit. Something like 4 full turns on the adjustment screw to get it correct.

And, not a GSW, but here's my Golf on VWR springs w/ Bilstein B8s. Too low for me, and the ride is just a bit too stiff for daily driving so I'm going to try out the H & Rs in hopes that the slightly added travel gives a bit more comfort. The car is ultra responsive though, just too much for daily driving.

Rcbamm

TDI
05 Golf TDI BEW SOLD. 2015 Golf TDI VW boughtback. Own: 15 GSW TDI. 99.5 Jetta TDI
Not my GSW but my first Mk7 TDI. Lowered on ST Coilovers. Best riding coilovers I’ve ever felt.