show me the $$$$ - most extensive mods

mr_sunshine

Veteran Member
TDI
Rabbit, 1979, Red
I know the subject matter is fairly common, ut I haven't seen/heard from everybody. Who's got the most extensive mods, what are your mods, and what are your HP/TRQ figures?
I'll start, though my mods are hardly extensive. I have a custom made intake set-up, 2 4" cold air intakes, and maxed out pump. 13" Audi SnowFlakes with high profile TOYO Ultra's. Thats it.

I'm sure most of the TDI'rs who peruse this forum have way better mods than me, so show em off! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
there are guys out there with PD 150, 6 speed conversions, like $7500 to $10,000 for that mod.

My most expensive mod were the OZ SuperLeggera (titanium alloy) rims and tires.

My other mod was the new 110 HP TDI engine I got from South Africa, DGeek swapped in a 11mm pump and that setup put 155 HP to the wheels on A3 110 Injectors that I got from Des. No A4 injector ever came close to that Wheel HP. Oh yeah DGeek tossed in a clutch (VR6 lighten flywheel), and his first shift kit. Bout $4100 when all was said and done.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
That's what I am reading...Swapped a 110 HP engine into a 90 HP body. Excuse my ignorance, but I thought that the 110HP A4 engine was in all basics a 90HP engine with bigger injectors. (yes, I know...little things here and there were different too, but BASICALLY).

Hmmm...re-read that...are you saying you put in a 110 HP Audi A3 engine? *confused* /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Yes my engine is from South Africa it is a 110 A4 TDI, it has a NA 11mm pump, and at that time A3 110 HP Injectors. Said A3 injectors were used for the 155 WHP run. The A4 110 injectors .205 never came close to the same HP, Only the .520pp put out more HP at 162 whp.

My original motor has like 1500 miles on it and is in the storage. Ready to go back in when my engine (which I now consider the original) blows up. I think one is a AFH and the other is a AFN, I am also running the SA intake, SA cat converter (with a 2.5 stainless homemade down pipe), SA EGR (non-cooled), SA oilcooler, SA turbo that is made in Itally, I did not run the SA clutch setup which is a luk. I have that still.

I now have .502pp don't know how much HP, but sure is black at WOT. hehe.

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
[ QUOTE ]
Oldman said:
Yes my engine is from South Africa it is a 110 A4 TDI, it has a NA 11mm pump, and at that time A3 110 HP Injectors. Said A3 injectors were used for the 155 WHP run. The A4 110 injectors .205 never came close to the same HP, Only the .520pp put out more HP at 162 whp.

My original motor has like 1500 miles on it and is in the storage. Ready to go back in when my engine (which I now consider the original) blows up. I think one is a AFH and the other is a AFN, I am also running the SA intake, SA cat converter (with a 2.5 stainless homemade down pipe), SA EGR (non-cooled), SA oilcooler, SA turbo that is made in Itally, I did not run the SA clutch setup which is a luk. I have that still.

I now have .502pp don't know how much HP, but sure is black at WOT. hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice.

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Interesting indeed. Oldman, do you think you'll be able to achieve 170whp as easily with your 90hp TDI without spending much $ (hypothetically)?

Is tdi rs (white MK2)'s 200whp TDI the 110hp version?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
[ QUOTE ]
mr_sunshine said:
Who's got the most extensive mods, what are your mods?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we talking engine/drivetrain mods, or all mods totalled? Are we including installation costs of these mods as well? If so, have I got a list for you! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
I think TDI-RS uses water meth injection for that HP number. Straight diesel HP for a rotary is really just fuel quantity dependent.

The 110 has lots of stuff we don't have here from oil cooler, to non-heated EGR, to a short intake to turbo pipe with no CCV heater, to a smaller higher flow CAT (that I used to make my down pipe). Turbo is the same as a PD 100 turbo, I don't know if it the same as a NA VNT 90 HP, different part number for sure. I just don't want to take my OEM stock turbo apart to measure things like wheel size. A/R is the same (at least I think so). I have a seperate PD100 turbo, so I know that all measurements are the same with the A4 110 HP turbo, The A3 110 injectors are also hard to get and they IMO are big power gold.

VWannabe

Veteran Member
Oldman:

When you talk about the A3 "205" injectors, are these from the Audi A3 TDI? If that is the case, what are the differences to the regular "205" injectors? Also, you stated that the PP520 injectors put out more HP than the A3 injectors, so I take it that the PP520s are the way to go for HP, in your opinion?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
[ QUOTE ]
mr_sunshine said:
Let's seem 'em all baby! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't forgotten about you, just been busy at work and trying to find all my receipts to compile my list! It's looking like a pretty good sum o' monies so far! /images/graemlins/eek.gif