Should a '15 GSW TDI S Have a Low Washer Fluid Level Light

SpecialTest

TDI
'15 GSW TDI S
As the title says, should a '15 Golf SportWagen TDI S have a light that comes on when the windscreen wiper fluid level is low/out?

Driving along thinking "Wow, 6 months and the low wiper fluid light hasn't even come on! How big is the reservoir?" On the way home I was out...

Caseyb476

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6spd man
As the title says, should a '15 Golf SportWagen TDI S have a light that comes on when the windscreen wiper fluid level is low/out?
Driving along thinking "Wow, 6 months and the low wiper fluid light hasn't even come on! How big is the reservoir?" On the way home I was out...
I would think yes. My '15 Golf HB TDI SE does. Doubt the GSW or S would be different.

nkgagne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagen 6M, 2006 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Perhaps it's an S vs SE issue?
I know I rarely go through more than a 1/3 tank of washer fluid in the summer, FWIW. Once you realize that the washer just smears the bugs around more, you tend to lay off the stuff and just grab the squeegee at the next gas station or let the rain wash it away...

SpecialTest

TDI
'15 GSW TDI S
Anyone got a definitive answer to this? I've got to take it to the dealer tomorrow, so I guess I can find out there.

bballppaul

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S - Buyback, replaced with new 2015 GolfSportwagen S DSG
No, there isn't one. How do I know? I ran out about a week ago. The only indication was that no more washer fluid could spray out.

That assumes the golf is the same as the gsw. From the research I gathered, it appears the lighting package is what dictates whether or not there is a windshield washer fluid sensor. So SE w/lighting package and SELs have one.

Last edited:

Mr.TDI

TDI
15 GSW
Just ran out myself on my GSW. No light

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HSG

TDI
2015 Golf S 6MT
No, there isn't one. How do I know? I ran out about a week ago. The only indication was that no more washer fluid could spray out.
Confirming the above two posts. I hit the thing and no more fluid would come out. Pretty solid indicator if i've ever seen one, just have to hope it doesn't happen when you need it most.

tanker

TDI
2015 GSW TrendLine
My 15 Trendline has the warning light. It might be a Canadian thing as our Trendline, your S, has the full cold weather package and fog lights as well.

Graham Line

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Golf TDI 6M
I want a blinker fluid light.

Every time my car is in the dealer shop, they top up the reservoir as a matter of course. That said, it barely rained around here between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Do people ever look under the hood anymore? I check the oil, coolant and washer fluid every time that I fuel up. I keep a jug of washer fluid in the garage and top it off, so I've rarely seen the warning light...

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
Can you even check the washer fluid by opening the hood? Seems to me the tank is buried.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
You're right, the tank is buried, but the fill pipe is long and you can see the level through it.

Last edited:

smittyatl

TDI
GSW
2015 Sportwagen SE has a warning light.

And that amber exclamation warning will stay on until you top off like it's the most important system on the vehicle.

I live in Georgia where it often rains during the day before getting sunny so washer fluid is used often.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
She's a small tank too, also with one less sensor to fail I'd say consider those with out a level sensor lucky.

Also enjoy running rain x fluid, as its folklore it toasts the level sensor.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Just add one. Then recode. If you really need one.

My s trim doesn't have one. I experimented and recoded, immediate fault, because ecm is expecting closed circuit from fluid level.

I do wish I had a brake pad wear sensor though....

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
Adding washer fluid should be on the vehicle inspection portion of your predeparture checklist. It should never get low enough to trip the low fluid warning.

smittyatl

TDI
GSW