Shop to do transmission conversion

9Rockr

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon 5-Spd, BSM Delete
I'm looking for a shop that has experience/can do the Passat auto to manual conversion. I also need it to be in the North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin area as I'm already having issues and cannot drive it any further than that.

wrenchman30

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 gray 2006 dark blue
you probably wont find one, and if you do the cost will be easy to absorb in just buying a manual transmission car

9Rockr

TDI
The car has sentimental value and I do not want to get rid of it, plus other than the transmission there is nothing wrong with it, no point in buying a new car. I'm looking at having vwztips do it now, since I'll be in GA for 4.5 months.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Just depends on Frans stock levels. I had to wait a few weeks for my first one. But I get stuff within a few days after he ships them.

I also do swaps in KY.

9Rockr

TDI
Getting the transmission is the easiest part. I had a full conversion kit from Frans in the Netherlands to Northern Virginia in a week after ordering it. Total cost was just over $2000.
Yeah, I'm just waiting to hear from Frans, sent him an e-mail yesterday. When did you order your transmission (looking for currentish estimates with the current dollar/euro conversion)?

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
jason's TDI is in WI. his website says everything is by appointment so you would have to call him up.

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Jason is a great guy and he knows his TDI's , but I do not think he really likes doing transmission conversions anymore.

Your best bet is vwztips in SC or CoolairVW in Kansas City area.

As long as your car is "rust free" it is worth fixing up. Great cars !!

Tow it on a car dolly if you need too !

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
shipping isn't as expensive as some think. Ship the car then bus in (cheap) fly in (expensive) or in to get it and drive back.

The world is smaller than it used to be.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
VWZTIPS has a nice gold one for sale already swapped. PM him.

9Rockr

TDI
Jason doesn't do the transmission swaps, already asked him. I'm going to be using vwztips in SC since I'll be down in the area for a few months coming up here.