Shifter Flip...w/ Pictures!

TDI
2000 Beetle TDi
If you are a Tall guy like myself, you may have the problem of accidentally pressing the shifter button with your leg while driving . After looking into it, I figured out a simple "Euro Style" Shifter flip that works and is easy to do.

First, pull the collar down:

Second, While pressing in the shifter button, pull directly up, turn the handle with the button on the RIGHT instead.

Third, put everything back.

See, that was easy. Now your car is safer and cooler than ever. I even think my mileage improved a little...

Last edited:

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
very interesting! haha! cool! i'm sure it will improve the mileage! :)

TDI
2000 Beetle TDi
Thanks for the English lesson Scorpion Boy. I fixed it. The problem was that my knee would rest right on the button while the car was in "D". I hope this helps some of yous guys.

ScorpionBoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
1001100 said:
Thanks for the English lesson Scorpion Boy. I fixed it. The problem was that my knee would rest right on the button while the car was in "D". I hope this helps some of yous guys.
aaahh. ok. funny. an ex-girlfriend of mine would actually drive with her knee all the time and i hated riding with her.

cool mod.

TDI
2000 Beetle TDi
:) It works for me.......

How the hell did your GF drive with her knee?!?!? Do you mean steer with her knee? Thats just dangerous....and weird....except when eating of corse. Ha Ha.

ScorpionBoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
yeah, steering with the knee. while eating, drinking, smoking, racing, whatever. she was a very unsafe driver.