Shell Completes $400 Million ULSD Project

Cincy_Mike

Veteran Member
TDI
Auto 2003 Jetta GLS TDI - Galactic Blue
[FONT=arial, helvetica]"This significant investment to reduce sulphur in fuel will contribute to improved air quality for all Canadians, building on Shell's commitment to sustainable development."

They're very proactive with the environment! Talk about altruistic hehe
[/FONT]

vwestlife

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat TDI sedan (sold)
Shell Premium Diesel is the highest-quality diesel fuel available in my area, by far. I don't know if it officially meets the ULSD standards yet, but it's definitely getting close.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
volmaniac said:
this was the ulsd sticker on the pump at the shell station where i filled up yesterday
I imagine those stickers will be a common sight in the near future. And after June 30th we'll be avoiding fuel pumps that don't have those stickers.

volmaniac

Veteran Member
McFadden's Ford, Stones River NMP M'boro, TN
TDI
02 Golf GLS
it was $2.759 for the ulsd, which is on the low end of the area pricing. the main competition is from wally-murphy and they are amoung the two lowest fuel stations in my area.:)

edit: the wallyworld diesel is 6 cents less per gallon ($2.699 vs $2.759, why do they still put that stupid .9 cents on the end anyways). i would rather run the ulsd.

i checked this this link from marzot's post:
http://www.clean-diesel.org/images/diesel_pump_labels.pdf

the label color suggestion is green, not red like on the pump i filled up at.:confused:

Last edited: