SF East Bay - Dublin/Pleasanton/Livermore

chetdi

TDI
2012 A3, 2011 JSW
Looking for some local TDI owners. :) I live in Livermore. We're a two TDI household: an '11 JSW, and a '12 A3.

Just reaching out. It's always fun to chat about what I'm guessing are other long commutes, mileage, beating your best time home, funny experiences at the gas station, long walks on the beach.

I also wouldn't be opposed to some occasional local meetups; maybe some drives, coffee, Five Guys/In-n-Out (my wife is vegetarian, and she loves Five Guys and In-n-Out, so they cater to people with dietary restrictions as well!) ;)

B100 Gal

TDI
2000 VW Jetta
I'm in Union City, and I work in Sunnyvale. I'm pretty new to the TDI experience; I just bought mine in March.

My commute is about 45 minutes each way, which used to annoy me until I discovered podcasts. (Freakonomics is my favorite, but I'm a nerd like that.)

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Hi there, I host 2 GTG a year and if you want to organize some meetups I am sure some of us will show up!

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
I'm usually game for a meet up. We did a few a while back, then we stopped. Weather is getting nice, let's plan an In N Out thing, or a down at the marina thing sometime soon...

gcodori

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB TDI plus CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.
Antioch TDI new beetle here.

I have the IP socket members can borrow if they have the leaky IP issue. Mine started to leak at 210,000 miles.

Also have an old school cable (serial w/usb adapter) and shareware vag com. Good for resetting codes and basic stuff (doesn't do adaptations though). Its for the ALH models I think.

Greg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Ironhands

TDI
1999 beetle
I live in Angels Camp, work in Modesto, but I come to the Bay to visit my Dad in Walnut Creek. A meet-up would be good.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
chetdi, welcome to the club!
You're in luck! The bay area forum has been getting more and more active as the time passes. We're a pretty helpful crew.

keep your eye out on the west coast forum section for GTG's (get-togethers). Andrew (NewTDI) hosts 2 every year (like he already said) :p, I just hosted one in S. San Jose on a as needed basis. And everyone once in awhile someone get's antsy and posts one up in between Andrews big shindigs!

I'm always down for a GTG, social or wrenching! There's talk about it, someone step up and make it happen! :D

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
Greetings from Orinda! It's great to hear from others in the bay area. I was out of town for the last two GTG's, so hopefully I'll be around next time.

I recently purchased a 2006 Jetta TDI from Colorado--it's due for a timing belt and camshaft. I received the parts yesterday... now I just need to schedule a time with Matt.

Last edited: